Teams that are enraged they didn't get in....

RockPride

I agree with Larry to an extent in that it's not so much the fact that his team didn't get in, but rather who did in their place. I usually am of the belief that you had your chance and didn't get in, but at the same time, when it's your team that you pull for, and you know there are alot of other people that aren't fans of your team that feel that you should've gotten in, it just kind of feeds your pain and frustration.

On the flip side I'll say there are several teams that are in the same position each year, and that is on them.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares how you people feel, walk in our shoes and then lets see if you "cry". I know sports and you cannot convince me about my school, I don't know enough about the others, but I moved on, but its interesting when you read/see experts saying nice things about your team who in the history of the NCAA a team who went 12-4 in a major conference not get in. Again, your entitled and so are we if you don't like what it written about a team move on.

Our kids wanted to get in, but didn't, coach is a good guy at a tough school with a small tradition of basketball, in the decade of the 80s made the final 16 more than any school, but thats about it. Don't want to see us cry, don't click. But start a thread about it.

Actually Alabama was just as good in the 70's under C.M. Newton. The difference was for half the decade only one team got in the tourney per conference and the other half only 2 did. Leon Douglas, Reggie King, Robert Scott, Ricky Brown - the Tide has had a very good tradition in basketball.

You know every year, we hear stories, interviews, read articles, etc....about the teams that had their "bubbles burst" by not getting in. Let me be the first to say, I DON'T CARE. If you were remotely good enough to win this thing, you'd be in. You had the chance to get yourselves in, and you failed. Move on, get better, see you next year. There, that's all.

I am in agreement 99% of the time. Typically the difference between one of these fringe teams getting in or not getting in is so minimal, I could really care less. The exception is when teams with no real compelling argument somehow make it in with no explanation.

Bama should have been in...UAB not...that cat must have some good pictures of somebody.

On the other hand I think Seth should go Sheen on the NCAA....

UAB has 10 top 100 wins, finished first in Conference USA and has a much higher RPI than Bama. That is the committee's rationale. Va Tech has 9 top 100 wins and is higher in the RPI than UAB so they have a much stronger argument to make than Bama.

Hey Seth, why not try to get your boys up for Purdue, UNLV, Virginia and others at home like you did for Duke? And, to top it off, they had a chance to get on the right side of the bubble with a win vs. BC at home on March 1. What happened? Lost by 15. No excuse.

I agree for the most part. I think it's worth discussing, but the Bubble Talk goes to the extreme every year.

I think the committee should be called out for perplexing decisions, but being outraged is not warranted. All of these teams had a chance during the season to win another game or two which likely would have made the difference. Ultimately, it's on them.

BTW, I enjoyed the Seth Greenberg joke. Well done.

On a similar note, teams that get in shouldn't complain about their seeding, IMO. If there are teams that didn't get in with better resumes than some who did, it's worse than teams not being seeded to their expectations, again, IMO. I've listened to people complain that UL wasn't seeded higher. Yet before the selection process I listened to Pitino say that had we won the Big East Tournament, we had a possibility of being seeded at #3, but that likely it would be a 4. And we got a 4 despite not winning the conference. So I don't find anything to complain about, and am thoroughly hating hearing/reading that UL should have been seeded higher as if we had some sort of strong case for a higher seeding.

Who cares how you people feel, walk in our shoes and then lets see if you "cry". I know sports and you cannot convince me about my school, I don't know enough about the others, but I moved on, but its interesting when you read/see experts saying nice things about your team who in the history of the NCAA a team who went 12-4 in a major conference not get in. Again, your entitled and so are we if you don't like what it written about a team move on.

Our kids wanted to get in, but didn't, coach is a good guy at a tough school with a small tradition of basketball, in the decade of the 80s made the final 16 more than any school, but thats about it. Don't want to see us cry, don't click. But start a thread about it.

I'm with you on this one Larry. If your team didn't get in, and should have, you have every right to complain.

On a similar note, teams that get in shouldn't complain about their seeding, IMO. If there are teams that didn't get in with better resumes than some who did, it's worse than teams not being seeded to their expectations, again, IMO. I've listened to people complain that UL wasn't seeded higher. Yet before the selection process I listened to Pitino say that had we won the Big East Tournament, we had a possibility of being seeded at #3, but that likely it would be a 4. And we got a 4 despite not winning the conference. So I don't find anything to complain about, and am thoroughly hating hearing/reading that UL should have been seeded higher as if we had some sort of strong case for a higher seeding.

But we can all agree that Florida didn't deserve a #2, right?

I'm with you on this one Larry. If your team didn't get in, and should have, you have every right to complain.

When it comes down to those type teams it's all subjective. Take care of business, leave no doubt, and you don't have to worry. Like Dana White always tells his fighters, never leave it in the judges hands.

If your team's seed is within 1 of where you thought it should be, it isn't worth debating. The committee says that they sometimes will move a team up or down one seed slot to make the bracket work for other rules they have. Is there any team in the tournament who's seed is clearly two notches off from where it should be? If yes, then that is a team who has a gripe.

Why do you always play the "woe is me" card? It has gotten so old and tiresome. "Walk in our shoes"? Basketball is an afterthought for that school, and probably for you as well. They weren't good enough to win the whole thing. Move on, get better.