Teams that are enraged they didn't get in....

RockPride

Just read this thread to my wife, "she said classy post by some people". She is a Cardinal fan and I'm pulling for both U of L/UK to go to the final four. I don't like kicking people when they are hurting, but thats me.

I, for one, am not worried, whether or not your wife thinks I'm classy, because I get tired of mediocre teams whining about not getting into a tournament they were likely not going to win a game in. If you want 'Bama to get better, win the NIT, and use all that extra practice time correctly.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should have? Seriously? I don't think so.

I agree. Georgia and Tennessee both were more deserving than Bama. Bama was about the 4th or 5th best team to not get included. I think they're better than both VCU & UAB, but those two bids should've been taken by Colorado and St. Mary's/VaTech IMO. Bama has zero to complain about.

Why do you always play the "woe is me" card? It has gotten so old and tiresome. "Walk in our shoes"? Basketball is an afterthought for that school, and probably for you as well. They weren't good enough to win the whole thing. Move on, get better.
I guess he could just be a Bama football fan and UK basketball fan. On the same convenience level as Duke for one and U of L for the other. :D

UAB has 10 top 100 wins, finished first in Conference USA and has a much higher RPI than Bama. That is the committee's rationale. Va Tech has 9 top 100 wins and is higher in the RPI than UAB so they have a much stronger argument to make than Bama.

Bama and Va Tech should have both made it. I read your analysis. What I say is didn't the Crimson Tide win the SEC West? Doesn't that count for anything? Heck in football that means you are two wins away from the national championship. (SEC title game and then championship tilt.)

I think we can all agree that the NCAA tournament selection process is based to some degree (and perhaps to a large degree) on subjectivity (passing the "eye test"). Given this reality, and the fact that some people's jobs are actually on the line based upon whether their team makes the tournament, I think it's legitimate for people to debate/complain about the committee's choices for the tournament.

I understand what people are saying about the "bubble" teams having absolutely no shot at doing well in the tournament, but for some programs and some people, making a Final Four or winning the title are not the objectives... making the tournament is. If NC State had won some more games and squeeked into the tournament, their head coach would still have a job this afternoon.

UK missed the tournament a few years back. I know of several people who were really holding out hope they would somehow make it in, not because they thought UK was going to make some noise in March but because they wanted to see UK's run of consecutive tournament appearances continue. For those people, the NCAA selection committee determining which "bubble" teams were going to make it was a pretty big deal, even though it had no bearing on the outcome of the tournament.

RockPride, she also reads your other posts, and she has stated many times, "I don't care about those people". If you don't care why start the thread in the first place, there is nothiing that can be done? What did you expect from me? I had moved on, there is a reason fans react and want to defend their teams, its just a few on here, Again, I moved on spilled milk dude.

None of these teams should be complaining as RP said. They all had their chances, and couldn't pull through.

Bama: Blowout losses to UK and UF in the final 2 weeks of the season. Win either and they're in.

VaTech: Followed up their upset of Duke with blowout losses to Clemson and Boston College. Win either, they're in. ACC tournament, had another shot at Duke and got killed.

Colorado: Schedule someone, anyone, OOC and win and they're in. Heck, end up with the same record but with a better OOC, (probably even mid 200s would do the trick) and they're in. They had their chance in the Big 12 tournament against KU and couldn't capitalize.

Boston College: Beat Clemson in the ACC tournament and you're in. Instead, you got blown out.

St. Mary's: Completely fell apart in the final couple weeks of the season. Hold it together, win any of the 4 games you lost in the last 2 weeks and you're probably dancing.

If we're going to sit here and argue that certain teams have no right to complain about being left out because they couldn't "get it done" when it counted, then I guess one can conclude that the only teams that truly do deserve to go to the NCAA tournament are the teams that win their conference championships and receive the automatic bid. The conference champions are the only teams that "got it done" when it really counted (i.e., winning their conference titles). Perhaps UNC and Florida shouldn't be in the tournament... they both stumbled big-time and lost the game that mattered (the conference title game).

UAB has 10 top 100 wins, finished first in Conference USA and has a much higher RPI than Bama. That is the committee's rationale. Va Tech has 9 top 100 wins and is higher in the RPI than UAB so they have a much stronger argument to make than Bama.

After watching Clemson dismantle UAB last night you can see where Colorado has to be shaking their heads.

• 2 weeks later...
You know every year, we hear stories, interviews, read articles, etc....about the teams that had their "bubbles burst" by not getting in. Let me be the first to say, I DON'T CARE. If you were remotely good enough to win this thing, you'd be in. You had the chance to get yourselves in, and you failed. Move on, get better, see you next year. There, that's all.

Still think that "Last four in" teams don't have a chance?