Dawson to USC

justme2018

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doing a cursory look at the list (It's Saturday morning and everyone's still asleep so I can do these sorts of things :D):

Schools with LB's in the NFL

Georgia has 8 LB's

Georgia Tech has 7

Florida has 6

Florida State has 5

Ohio State has 9

Tennessee has 6

Alabama has 3

Auburn has 6

LSU has 5

Miami has 9

Michigan has 6

Ole Miss has 3

Miss. State has 3

Penn State has 9

Purdue has 7

According to this site, UK has 2

Now, the only schools who have more LB's in the NFL than USC are Penn State, Ohio State and Miami. (By 1 I might add)

Other than Georgia, no other school in the SEC has as many LB's in the League as USC. :thumb:

I dont like USC at all, but I am a big fan of Lamar Dawson. He is a GREAT football player (no matter what all the haters on BGP say) he is also a GREAT kid. I dont blame him for his decision to go to a better football program than UK. I would think he went to USC because of a KIFFIN and that would be Monte. Congrats to Lamar and best of luck.

You bring up a good point about Monte Kiffin. Many may not like his son, but many can't argue that Monte isn't one of the greatest defensive minds in the game.

Laugh all you want but your boy is on the take.

1. Honestly I am flattered that you believe he is good enough to be on the take. Seeing as how Ky high school football talent being visited from a BCS Championship winning school is already impressive to add the fact that they would pay him to play for them ironically makes me even more flattered. I hope they don't get caught.:sssh: :rolleyes:

2. Like I said with your avatar you would know more about being on the take than I would but if I see him rolling in a new car, rocking an iPhone5 and his Mom/Grandmother moves to Old Bridge I'll be sure to keep it on the hush.:sssh: :rolleyes:

3. Did you miss where it was mentioned multiple times that he grew up a USC fan? Much like Jon Hood and Jarrod Polson when his lifelong dream came calling it was pretty much a wrap for everyone else. If the fact that they made multiple visits to Ky isn't enough to convince you then nothing will.

4. Apparently UK had an already slim chance to land him but Lamar did not like the new defensive coordinator and that is just the way it is.

In other Lamar Dawson news......he will wear sacred linebacker jersey number 55 so for all of you doubting his opportunity to play immediately and play well at the next level obviously USC sees something in him you guys didn't since he will be wearing #55 for the next 4 years. They trust him with that responsibility and maybe some of you should just support Ky talent trying to do well on a grand stage instead of finding ways and excuses to take away from his tremendous accomplishment. If it doesn't work out and he transfers then so be it. He is a great kid with a good head on his shoulders and I wish him nothing but the best. He earned the opportunity to prove himself at USC and I for one am hoping to see him not only rise to the challenge but flourish at USC as well. No matter where he is at he will always have my support as well as the support from the entire Boyle County community and truthfully that is all that matters.

Curious question for the Mods. Why did this signing thread get moved to the "College Football" forum when all the other threads about signings are still in the "High School Football" forum? :confused:

I started a thread in this forum because normally all of the basketball signings are put in the College Basketball forum and assumed football would be the same way. They merged the one started in the High School Football forum with mine. Can't answer why some are here and some are there though.

1. Honestly I am flattered that you believe he is good enough to be on the take. Seeing as how Ky high school football talent being visited from a BCS Championship winning school is already impressive to add the fact that they would pay him to play for them ironically makes me even more flattered. I hope they don't get caught.:sssh: :rolleyes:

2. Like I said with your avatar you would know more about being on the take than I would but if I see him rolling in a new car, rocking an iPhone5 and his Mom/Grandmother moves to Old Bridge I'll be sure to keep it on the hush.:sssh: :rolleyes:

3. Did you miss where it was mentioned multiple times that he grew up a USC fan? Much like Jon Hood and Jarrod Polson when his lifelong dream came calling it was pretty much a wrap for everyone else. If the fact that they made multiple visits to Ky isn't enough to convince you then nothing will.

4. Apparently UK had an already slim chance to land him but Lamar did not like the new defensive coordinator and that is just the way it is.

In other Lamar Dawson news......he will wear sacred linebacker jersey number 55 so for all of you doubting his opportunity to play immediately and play well at the next level obviously USC sees something in him you guys didn't since he will be wearing #55 for the next 4 years. They trust him with that responsibility and maybe some of you should just support Ky talent trying to do well on a grand stage instead of finding ways and excuses to take away from his tremendous accomplishment. If it doesn't work out and he transfers then so be it. He is a great kid with a good head on his shoulders and I wish him nothing but the best. He earned the opportunity to prove himself at USC and I for one am hoping to see him not only rise to the challenge but flourish at USC as well. No matter where he is at he will always have my support as well as the support from the entire Boyle County community and truthfully that is all that matters.

He is still going to have to show himself beyond being #55 to garner playing time at USC; good luck to him!

Absolutely. I think it shows how much they believe in him and that he is going to get an opportunity to shine.

No doubt he is going to get an opportunity in practice, but everyone knows the talent at USC, especially since Kiffin has been recruiting.

Pretty much what I heard as well. Actually Joker did not do a good job at all from my sources. Of all the schools, UK did the poorest job of presentation and push to have him.

I find it so amusing from some on here that have no clue or contacts with the program at all but feel absolutely fine to imply that there is "Something fishy" all because they hate Kiffin but have no knowledge to back it up. Pretty sad really. :rolleyes:

I don't like Lane Kiffin at all. But USC is USC and it shows the complete lack of intelligence on the part of those who can post the tripe they do about this. I wonder if Lamar had been from some other school or part of the state if the scrutiny at HIS CHOICE to attend school at USC would be just as maligned. :idunno:

I don't think Dawson would have been bought but there are plenty of reasons to think Kiffin is dirty. Namely his time at UT, and the fact that he was on the staff at USC when they had Reggie Bush. If he's not guilty he's close IMO.

Great group that year.

2010 draft: 6 SEC LBs drafted out of 29 LBs drafted. None from SC.

Yeah get USC the year after they have 3 guys taken in the first 2 rounds of the draft, 2 of which are stud players with Cushing being the R.O.Y his first year and Matthews being one of the best defenders in the league right now......

Found it.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/college/_/letter/u

The three menitione above and

thomas Williams, Panthers

Tatupu, Seahawks

Rivers, Cincy

among others.

8 total.

If I read it correctly, No one in the SEC is close to that number. I think LSU had 5 or 6 LB's.

Miami beats that by 2. Ray Lewis, Jon Vilma, DJ Williams, Rocky McIntosh, Darryl Sharpton, Leon Williams, Spencer Adkins, Baraka Atkins, Jon Beason, Tavares Gooden,

Doing a cursory look at the list (It's Saturday morning and everyone's still asleep so I can do these sorts of things :D):

Schools with LB's in the NFL

Georgia has 8 LB's

Georgia Tech has 7

Florida has 6

Florida State has 5

Ohio State has 9

Tennessee has 6

Alabama has 3

Auburn has 6

LSU has 5

Miami has 9

Michigan has 6

Ole Miss has 3

Miss. State has 3

Penn State has 9

Purdue has 7

According to this site, UK has 2

Now, the only schools who have more LB's in the NFL than USC are Penn State, Ohio State and Miami. (By 1 I might add)

Other than Georgia, no other school in the SEC has as many LB's in the League as USC. :thumb:

I count 10.

Absolutely. I think it shows how much they believe in him and that he is going to get an opportunity to shine.

I hope he does. Wearing #55 shows how much they think of him IMO :thumb: