Dawson to USC

justme2018

Thats is an awesome statement on what they got in this kid. If he keeps his nose clean, in the books and stays healthy - this kid could end up like Shaun Alexander did at Bama.

He stood out in Texas at the Army All-American game and served as a Captain if I recall correctly.

Best of luck to this young man and his future.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lamar Dawson definitely has a bright future with Trojans. Anyone who would disagree is delusional.

Yeah, whoever thinks USC has any talent at LB is completely crazy......?????? or who recognizes injuries happen in football is nuts......???????? or who thinks college kids just don't fit in certain places is downright mental.....?????????

Yeah, whoever thinks USC has any talent at LB is completely crazy......?????? or who recognizes injuries happen in football is nuts......???????? or who thinks college kids just don't fit in certain places is downright mental.....?????????

That's not what he meant and you know it. Are you mad he went west(to his dream school) instead of UK or something? I don't get it. Why are you so skeptical of his decision?

Come on Wildcat. Really?

So are you assuming that Lamar Dawson will not have a great career at USC? Are you wishing the worst on this kid? Whose to say that he won't fit in. Whose to say that he gets injured.

Let's not get away from what I was talking about. If you honestly think that Lamar Dawson, who is a projected starter for his freshman year(god forbid he gets injured, Wildcat) will not have a great career at USC, then you my friend has to be delusional. You can agree to disagree if you want. You can even bring up the talent already there. You can say whatever you want but Lamar is a smart kid and he chose USC for the right reasons. He will be a starter for USC one day and that is a pretty big deal. Stop hating on him or anyone else because he didn't chose our Kentucky Wildcats. Be happy for the kid.

That's not what he meant and you know it. Are you mad he went west(to his dream school) instead of UK or something? I don't get it. Why are you so skeptical of his decision?

Hater. I'm a huge UK fan but I'm estatic about his decision. I'd be lying if I said that I wouldn't be tuning in to watch him on Saturday's.

Hater. I'm a huge UK fan but I'm estatic about his decision. I'd be lying if I said that I wouldn't be tuning in to watch him on Saturday's.

Me too. I will be making sure I can tune into every USC game from now on.

Realistically I hoped he'd start by his junior year but it looks like he is going to get a chance to start immediately. That's awesome. I didn't know they liked him that much until I heard he got #55. I hope, wish and pray for his success.

Come on Wildcat. Really?

So are you assuming that Lamar Dawson will not have a great career at USC? Are you wishing the worst on this kid? Whose to say that he won't fit in. Whose to say that he gets injured.

Let's not get away from what I was talking about. If you honestly think that Lamar Dawson, who is a projected starter for his freshman year(god forbid he gets injured, Wildcat) will not have a great career at USC, then you my friend has to be delusional. You can agree to disagree if you want. You can even bring up the talent already there. You can say whatever you want but Lamar is a smart kid and he chose USC for the right reasons. He will be a starter for USC one day and that is a pretty big deal. Stop hating on him or anyone else because he didn't chose our Kentucky Wildcats. Be happy for the kid.



Come on Wildcat. Really?

I hope the kid does great, but you all are ignoring the reality of going to a place like USC and Division I college football; just because I am looking at the situation objectively doesn't make wishing "bad" on the kid.

I hope the kid does great, but you all are ignoring the reality of going to a place like USC and Division I college football; just because I am looking at the situation objectively doesn't make wishing "bad" on the kid.

No one is forgetting that reality. We say that the 'experts' in college football and the coaches at USC love Lamar and that he made the right choice by going to USC and your tone in your posts suggest that he has no chance to succeed and that he made a mistake. Your tone suggests that he isn't talented enough to compete for time at USC yet USC publications/local newspapers have him as a projected starter as a true freshman. Should we listen to them or you? Should we be happy for our local kid with this tremendous opportunity to shine or should we talk like he won't/can't make it? You tell me.

One thing is true....after reading your posts I will never question any kid's college choice again.

No one is forgetting that reality. We say that the 'experts' in college football and the coaches at USC love Lamar and that he made the right choice by going to USC and your tone in your posts suggest that he has no chance to succeed and that he made a mistake. Your tone suggests that he isn't talented enough to compete for time at USC yet USC publications/local newspapers have him as a projected starter as a true freshman. Should we listen to them or you? Should we be happy for our local kid with this tremendous opportunity to shine or should we talk like he won't/can't make it? You tell me.

One thing is true....after reading your posts I will never question any kid's college choice again.

You really need to take your heart out of the situation; I was one who said if he thought USC was the best place for him academically, athletically, and socially, then that is where he should go.

There is no "tone" in stating the OBJECTIVE realities of Division I college football; you are just reading into this because you are so wrapped up emotionally.

I haven't predicted anything or said he wouldn't make it, so there is NOTHING to listen to.

All the publications and local newspaper predictions mean NOTHING; he will have to outperform the other USC LB's or he won't start and play a lot; he might just do that; he might not; those are objective facts; I'm sorry if you can't handle that.

I'll say it again s-l-o-w-l-y; I h-o-p-e-t-h-e-k-i-d-d-o-e-s-g-r-e-a-t-!

You really need to take your heart out of the situation; I was one who said if he thought USC was the best place for him academically, athletically, and socially, then that is where he should go.

There is no "tone" in stating the OBJECTIVE realities of Division I college football; you are just reading into this because you are so wrapped up emotionally.

I haven't predicted anything or said he wouldn't make it, so there is NOTHING to listen to.

All the publications and local newspaper predictions mean NOTHING; he will have to outperform the other USC LB's or he won't start and play a lot; he might just do that; he might not; those are objective facts; I'm sorry if you can't handle that.

I'll say it again s-l-o-w-l-y; I h-o-p-e-t-h-e-k-i-d-d-o-e-s-g-r-e-a-t-!

And I will continue to be emotionally wrapped up. You say being objective. I say you are pointing out the obvious. All the truths you mentioned are true anywhere. I am taking the biased, homer, Lamar Dawson does no wrong approach. I'd do the same for any kid from Boyle County with an opportunity to shine on a grand stage. I will not apologize for that. I go hard for all my Rebels and will continue to. Objective or not. Anyone who talks like the Rebels or a Rebel can't do anything you will hear from me. That's just the way it is.