Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Are they "classless" or are you soft?????

Featured Replies

Every week there is a new thread about someone being unclassy or poor behavior from coaches, fans, and players. I have even been lured into the discussion a few times. But its out of control, I think people are just too sensitive!:scared:

  • Replies 80
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People tend to get sensitive when they get beat.

I am taking offense to this thread. :D

It is really hurting my feelings. :lol:

Sometimes a fringe or isolated individual will make a poor judgment call, be it a coach losing his cool, students pushing the envelope too far, or a parent getting too personal in the stands. There are occasions where administration must step up. But in most situations people should just let it side. Confrontation, when not made by the proper authority, just leads to more problems. I think you could replace that sentiment of "soft/sensitive" with "looking for a fight" so to speak, a feeling that rises with competition. To support the same point with a different view, why address some of these "classless" actions when really its just adding attention to it? And at what point do we say an action is below a common standard? For me, this issue has too much grey and is too close to possibly infringing on people's rights. People on every side of this issue just need to be level-headed and not antagonize each other: "adults vs. kids," "my generation vs. your generation," "my school's social standing vs your school's," etc...

I have been to a looooooooooot of football games over the years and have seen the best and worst in people. Overall, I think kids will be kids and there is always some "less than classy" behavior on kids at every school.

 

I am more likely to judge class by the behavior of the adults. I never mind when adults get overheated and yell at what they consider bad plays. That shows heart and passion.

 

I do draw the line when adults are harrassing students or players. Last week there was a small group of people, including about 3 adults, who were standing outside the Beechwood locker room. When the players came out after half time, they started name calling. The behavior on the part of the kids did not bother me, but the adults....well, that was not only classless, but somewhat pathetic. I certainly would not judge the entire school based on that. Most of Frankfort's group was very nice and accommodating.

 

With one or two exceptions, I would never brand an entire school "classless". I can say that the schools I would consider classless, have been that way forever, one generation teaching another. That is sad.

 

Lastly, I do have to agree with Blockbuster. It is usually the losing team that makes the "classless call."

Edited by Beechwoodfan

I totally agree when I post something I always have someone post right back telling me I have no class and everything else. Wake up people football is a man's sport I have never seen so many people be so sensitive over football. Trash talk comes with football!!! I talk plenty of trash and SK got beat pretty good I didn't whine and cry its all part of the game.

Why do you think I steer clear from the "classless" threads? I've come to understand the sensitivity on this board is second to none. When high school kids wear shirts saying things, regardless of what they say, why make a big deal out of it? We all were in high school at one point in our lives and we all know we thought the same things were funny. If people want to yell at other teams or wear inappropriate shirts just look the other way. You're there to watch a high school football game, not pay attention to the student fans.

People overstate a lot of things now a days. Suck it up and go on.

Edited by Birdsfan

I stick with sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me everybody say it once you might feel better! LOL

Agree with all points, I am usually bothered more by the way the ADULTS act and respond than the KIDS!

I stick with sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me everybody say it once you might feel better! LOL

 

I agree. I prefer using sticks & stones....

Why do you think I steer clear from the "classless" threads? I've come to understand the sensitivity on this board is second to none. When high school kids wear shirts saying things, regardless of what they say, why make a big deal out of it? We all were in high school at one point in our lives and we all know we thought the same things were funny. If people want to yell at other teams or wear inappropriate shirts just look the other way. You're there to watch a high school football game, not pay attention to the student fans.

 

Would you allow your son or daughter to wear a shirt that the SK students wore?

Calling a team classless is usually a way to take something away from the winning team. And trying to make an excuse for their teams poor play.

Just my opinion.

Why do you think I steer clear from the "classless" threads? I've come to understand the sensitivity on this board is second to none. When high school kids wear shirts saying things, regardless of what they say, why make a big deal out of it? We all were in high school at one point in our lives and we all know we thought the same things were funny. If people want to yell at other teams or wear inappropriate shirts just look the other way. You're there to watch a high school football game, not pay attention to the student fans.

 

Why should anyone have to look away or ignore inappropriate behavior or offensive clothing at a public event? The reasonable exceptation of going to a school sporting event is to support your team, have an enjoyable time, and be allowed to enjoy a little civility?

 

 

When you have that kind of behavior, and the allowance of that type of behavior at events is the reason why stadiums are 1/3 filled on any given Friday Night. It gives the program a bad name, and the associated school system a bad name.

 

I would like to think that true sports fans are better than this, and some good school spirit develops healthy rivalries is a great thing.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.