Are they "classless" or are you soft?????

BM do those 18 year old's still live under the roofs of their parents? If they do, then yes they can! BTW that includes if you attend College and the parents pay the majority of the freight! Being 18 isn't a magic line drawn in the sand that say's you can do as you please. If at 18 you are totally independent of your parents, then have at it, but.....if not, well.......

:thumb::thumb: Well said, if the kid is 18 and over a parent can absolutely control their money. I would think that most 18yr. old high school students still live at home and recieve money from their parents...................

Another option would be for them to get out, make it totally on their own and conquer the world while they still know everyting. :D

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do have a question for those of you who have played football. Most of this has been devoted to spectators. What about teams? I know my boys have played against teams that spit, sucker punch, grab during pile ups. I am not talking trash talk, I am talking about physical cheap shots. Is this classless or is it football?
My heart says that this during play/on the field is classless but my head tells me that this has happened for so long, probably since football stareted that it's just a part of the game! Football is supposed to teach you how to deal with adversity, and that's adversity. The good teams deal with it and move on, the bad teams are the one's giving the business(usually) and can't deal with it. It's also a physical sport so alot of emotions run wild. I don't think that it will ever leave the game so it's the coaches job's to teach their kids how to deal with adversity and the one's that do teach that I think are the one's you'll find that are/will be successful. Just my thoughts

If they aren't your son or daughter, why worry about it? My point exactly.

You're pathetic. That sort of thing shouldn't be tolerated at all and shouldn't be seen in public period, let alone at high school activities.

If it wasn't for low class, you'd have no class at all.

I have been to a looooooooooot of football games over the years and have seen the best and worst in people. Overall, I think kids will be kids and there is always some "less than classy" behavior on kids at every school.

I am more likely to judge class by the behavior of the adults. I never mind when adults get overheated and yell at what they consider bad plays. That shows heart and passion.

I do draw the line when adults are harrassing students or players. Last week there was a small group of people, including about 3 adults, who were standing outside the Beechwood locker room. When the players came out after half time, they started name calling. The behavior on the part of the kids did not bother me, but the adults....well, that was not only classless, but somewhat pathetic. I certainly would not judge the entire school based on that. Most of Frankfort's group was very nice and accommodating.

With one or two exceptions, I would never brand an entire school "classless". I can say that the schools I would consider classless, have been that way forever, one generation teaching another. That is sad.

Lastly, I do have to agree with Blockbuster. It is usually the losing team that makes the "classless call."

Just like I have never judged a certain school over the way the students in their cheering section treated a former grade school classmate of theirs at a volleyball game last year . Doesn't mean the school is classless , just those who were chanting at the game .

You trying to tell a kid that is from another school what to do is only going to lead to further problems. Feel free to do what you think is best but as I said before you're best suited to just approach the people who's job it actually is to handle those situations. If you approach a kid as a parent or adult with no authority over them they'll recognize it and disregard you in many cases. Let the people getting paid to deal with those punks deal with them.

I agree with the "from another school" comment. That is a tough situation. I was thinking more of kids/young adults from "our school". And 13-14 year-olds take direction from an adult non-parent much better than 16-17 year-olds.

It does sound like a good teachable moment to your kids. I took my kids(9 and 11) to the mall the other day and saw all kinds of inappropriate shirts and bad language. I can not shield my children from every idiot out there but I can teach them not to become the idiot. I agree, if the kids at Simon Kenton were students, and if they were pointed out to administrators, they should have to remove their shirts. This is a school problem though. Not a me problem. If they were not students, not much you can do about it. I have seen much worse. And it probably shows my maturity, but I thought the shirts were kind of funny. Would I let my kids out the house with them on, no way.

BTW, some of these kids will not mature. I once went to a christmas party for work with a guy who wore a shirt ********. And underneath it, it said "would you like to buy a vowell." Very classless, did I lose sleep over it, Nope. I thought what an idiot.

This is exactly where I'm coming from. Some people act like I'm encouraging the shirts or the writing on the car. It's a school problem, and not a me problem, therefore, I wouldn't and don't pay attention to it.

You're pathetic. That sort of thing shouldn't be tolerated at all and shouldn't be seen in public period, let alone at high school activities.

For an implied curse word on a T-shirt? I have no class for saying I wouldn't worry about it, and let people like yourself worry about it and ruin your night? I'll continue to watch the football game and chat on BGPs about things that actually are worth talking about while you stay up at night thinking about those darned Simon Kenton kids. T-shirts are one thing I don't find important, and no shirt, regardless of any curse words are not going to bother me. I'll just laugh and say what an idiot.

And that was then and this is now it was the same for me as well, but my parents knew they didn't have to worry about me doing stuff like that. Unfortunately parents have a lot less knowlege of and in some cases influence over what their kids due today. It's not a good thing, but that's how society has evolved throughout the years.

:confused: There imo is the problem, not with you but in general.

That may be true in some homes, maybe more today than in years past but that imo is bc the parents are weak and in the all of a sudden "new" way of thinking makes it right. Parents today, some parents (and certainly not all) seem to be afraid that they will "hurt their litte boys or girls feelings" and cause them to be bad people. That's a load of el toro poo poo and just may be a reason the kid acted like that in the first place. Parents imo have to be the bad guy and should be on occaisions or they will raise kids to grow up with no respect and teach their kids no respect and so on and so on.. This generation seems to be raising a bunch of "do anything you want, deny it or say your sorry (at times not even that) and everything is o.k." :rolleyes:.

As one popular commercial today says imo may apply to some parents and kids today, not just the ones on here but really everywhere....."Well why don't we go down to Mamby Pamby land.......Kleenex?" :lol:

You always have a handful of programs that are on the rise and are tasting success for the first time or the first time in a long time. It gets the fanbase stoked. And when they get stoked, the expectations sometimes get out of hand.

That up-and-comer then has to play either the district leader in the season or the region leader in the postseason. Hopes are high of an upset. It's our best team in years, etc.

And the hammer drops. Sometimes, the hammer drops a little harder and more times than they want because there are coaches who are from the old school and want to send a message. Not just a message for this year but for down the line for future playoff encounters. I understand why they do it. And of course, the losing team does not.

Because the fans are crushed that their season is over, it can't be because the other team was better. It's because they were classless. Their fans wore T-shirts that said nasty things. Their fans called our fans names. The ticket seller gave me a dirty look as I bought my ticket. They played music too loud, too vulgar, too much. Their coach didn't sub early enough when they went up two touchdowns. They are still passing with a three touchdown lead, and on and on and on.

Bottom line.....you got beat. Toughen up. Learn from it. And remember one thing. If they are truly classless, what goes around always comes back around.

I agree with the "from another school" comment. That is a tough situation. I was thinking more of kids/young adults from "our school". And 13-14 year-olds take direction from an adult non-parent much better than 16-17 year-olds.

I agree with you, they'll(13-14) give you the deer in headlights look if you say something to them about their behavior because they realize they've been caught. But when you're dealing with a 17-18 year old from another city with no ties to you they'll give you the :rolleyes: followed by the :lol: and then walk away feeling :cool:. So why give them all of that satisfaction? Instead just get someone that can actually do something about the matter.

It seems like alot of people on here think it's their job to police the world one youth at a time. Go ahead have at it, let me hear all of your heart warming stories about all of the lives that you shape along the way.

:confused: There imo is the problem, not with you but in general.

That may be true in some homes, maybe more today than in years past but that imo is bc the parents are weak and in the all of a sudden "new" way of thinking makes it right. Parents today, some parents (and certainly not all) seem to be afraid that they will "hurt their litte boys or girls feelings" and cause them to be bad people. That's a load of el toro poo poo and just may be a reason the kid acted like that in the first place. Parents imo have to be the bad guy and should be on occaisions or they will raise kids to grow up with no respect and teach their kids no respect and so on and so on.. This generation seems to be raising a bunch of "do anything you want, deny it or say your sorry (at times not even that) and everything is o.k." :rolleyes:.

As one popular commercial today says imo may apply to some parents and kids today, not just the ones on here but really everywhere....."Well why don't we go down to Mamby Pamby land.......Kleenex?" :lol:

Weak, or working. Let's face it the days of stay at home mom or dad are behind us. Sure it still happens but it's rare, unless unfortunately one of the parents or both are unemployed. You all act like these parents are just dead beats, maybe they're doing the best they can and that's not good enough. They can't all be like your ma and pa but that's not to say that they're all weak. More like they're in a tough situation and that's life. I bet the kids that wore the shirts won't become drug addicted dead beats because of that one night, wearing a shirt that outraged the Ryle faithful and the entire state of KY.

I think some of you should take a step back and realize that back in your day things that were problems then aren't today and so on and so forth and yes I'm talking about race, sexuality etc etc. And before someone says they're still issues now, I don't mean at all, I mean as the norm is every day society.

Haha forget the Kool Aid someone's been drinking their fare share of haterade.