Are they "classless" or are you soft?????

Weak, or working. Let's face it the days of stay at home mom or dad are behind us. Sure it still happens but it's rare, unless unfortunately one of the parents or both are unemployed. You all act like these parents are just dead beats, maybe they're doing the best they can and that's not good enough. They can't all be like your ma and pa but that's not to say that they're all weak. More like they're in a tough situation and that's life. I bet the kids that wore the shirts won't become drug addicted dead beats because of that one night, wearing a shirt that outraged the Ryle faithful and the entire state of KY.

I think some parents today should take a step back and realize that back in your day things that were problems then aren't today and so on and so forth and yes I'm talking about race, sexuality etc etc. And before someone says they're still issues now, I don't mean at all, I mean as the norm is every day society.

I was not attacking you or anyone else on here personally, just what seems to be the way of thinking in more and more households today and that has absolutely nothing to do with race,sexuality,etc,etc.. That has to do with respect and dicipline. Whether or not one (if single parent home) or both parents are working or not really doesn't have that much to do with it imo. What does imo have everything to do with it is that if the kids learn respect, right from wrong and that there are penalties to pay if one gets out of line. Again, this is about no one inpaticular but as you said society, I say teaching respect and having dicipline. Should a child know they will have to answer for their actions, a parent being home at a certain the time really doesn't matter, the kid knows that they will answer for it. I certainly wasn't walking around with a halo over my head when I was young, very far from it but I knew that if I crossed a certain line that I would pay for it and would be thinking long and hard before I crossed that same line again.

You said "take a step back", I could give some parents today the same advice. Take a step back and teach respect and dicipline when you are at home and alot of problems may never come up. Some always will, thats just kids being kids but I don't believe that it would be common or happening over and over.

Again I stress my comments are at no one personally, just at what seems to be more and more the norm today and not the exception.

It's like that joke that comedian J. Foxworthy does about dicipline today and the 'time out" philosophy on dicipline. "My dad/parents believed in time out, they took time out of their busy day to whip my butt". :D:thumb:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You always have a handful of programs that are on the rise and are tasting success for the first time or the first time in a long time. It gets the fanbase stoked. And when they get stoked, the expectations sometimes get out of hand.

I can agree with you, there are some programs here in our area that have never or hardly ever won consistently and imo need to learn how to win with class.

:confused: There imo is the problem, not with you but in general.

That may be true in some homes, maybe more today than in years past but that imo is bc the parents are weak and in the all of a sudden "new" way of thinking makes it right. Parents today, some parents (and certainly not all) seem to be afraid that they will "hurt their litte boys or girls feelings" and cause them to be bad people. That's a load of el toro poo poo and just may be a reason the kid acted like that in the first place. Parents imo have to be the bad guy and should be on occaisions or they will raise kids to grow up with no respect and teach their kids no respect and so on and so on.. This generation seems to be raising a bunch of "do anything you want, deny it or say your sorry (at times not even that) and everything is o.k." :rolleyes:.

As one popular commercial today says imo may apply to some parents and kids today, not just the ones on here but really everywhere....."Well why don't we go down to Mamby Pamby land.......Kleenex?" :lol:

:thumb:

Every week there is a new thread about someone being unclassy or poor behavior from coaches, fans, and players. I have even been lured into the discussion a few times. But its out of control, I think people are just too sensitive!:scared:

I think it is a little of bit of both. Some people are sensitve because they live WAY to vicariously throught their program and inturn some can act classless.