Are they "classless" or are you soft?????

So you are saying that you shouldn't be able to take a young kid to a high school event because students are going to wear vulgar material?:rolleyes:

No, but if you're going to complain about high school kids' shirts, then don't let them go, or stay away from the students. You have to remember it's a high school game. It's not just being played to entertain you and your children.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't control what 18 year old kids are going to say, do, or wear, but you can control where you take your 7 and 12 year old children. I'm not encouraging the shirts that they wear, but we're in no place to tell them what they can and cannot wear. If they want to wear the shirts that IMPLY a curse word, then they're going to wear them, whether anyone on this board likes them or not. Just look the other way, it's really that simple.

BM do those 18 year old's still live under the roofs of their parents? If they do, then yes they can! BTW that includes if you attend College and the parents pay the majority of the freight! Being 18 isn't a magic line drawn in the sand that say's you can do as you please. If at 18 you are totally independent of your parents, then have at it, but.....if not, well.......

You can't control what 18 year old kids are going to say, do, or wear, but you can control where you take your 7 and 12 year old children. I'm not encouraging the shirts that they wear, but we're in no place to tell them what they can and cannot wear. If they want to wear the shirts that IMPLY a curse word, then they're going to wear them, whether anyone on this board likes them or not. Just look the other way, it's really that simple.

I am sorry but that is crap (or is the pc term deep doo doo)! Looking the other way is why as a society we are where we are. Three years ago when we went to the SK/Ryle game at SK, SK fans held up signs that said "We Believe". Even though Ryle lost it was a very enjoyable time and my children learned what it is like to respectably cheer for your team. SK became my second favorite team in NKY because of this. Now I have to question that choice because some of SK's parents, administration, and young ignorant adults refuse to edit and give the proper direction to a few poor individuals who should not to allowed to dress themselves.

Kids will be kids, teenagers will be teenagers. I think most boys have some memory of pushing boundaries and "learning to cuss" in the company of their other 10 and 12 year old buddies. So then, do many teenagers decide to push a little further...smoking, drinking, strange clothes, vulgar language on clothes and in music, sex...these aren't new things for rebellious teenagers to do. Now, should there be something said to them? Yes. Should something be done? Maybe. I don't think arresting them is necessarily the right thing...or even a legal thing to do. However, should schools have guidelines in place about inappropriate dress and inappropriate conduct? I don't see the harm in that. Why not have a rule at high school sports facilities where anyone found expressing crude, vulgar, or otherwise inappropriate sentiments are subject to removal from that facility at the request of the event staff, school administrators, or public officials?

BM do those 18 year old's still live under the roofs of their parents? If they do, then yes they can! BTW that includes if you attend College and the parents pay the majority of the freight! Being 18 isn't a magic line drawn in the sand that say's you can do as you please. If at 18 you are totally independent of your parents, then have at it, but.....if not, well.......

If they are your kids, sure you can. If they aren't your kids you cannot. That's my point. And if they choose to wear or say something, all you can do is look the other way. Or you can get on BGPs board and complain and accomplish absolutely nothing. It's your choice. Kids are always going to be kids, whether you like it or not. If you want to get worked up and raise your blood pressure and stress level, be my guest. I'm going to continue to not care what other kids, from other school, from other parents do, and continue do to what I went to a high school football game for, and that's watch the game.

I undestand where you're coming from but some of those high school students are in fact adults by law. Therefore their parents have little say about what they do or wear etc. Unfortunately sporting events are becoming less and less a family atmosphere even at the high school level. Actually I think they haven't been for a long time but people are finally starting to recognize it.

I'm glad that I am part of a school system that would not allow this type of behavior from its students. We have expectations for sporting events that are clearly covered with our students.

I wonder who pays for the car, car insurance, cell phone, clothes and gas money for these 17-18 year old kids?

I am sorry but that is crap (or is the pc term deep doo doo)! Looking the other way is why as a society we are where we are. Three years ago when we went to the SK/Ryle game at SK, SK fans held up signs that said "We Believe". Even though Ryle lost it was a very enjoyable time and my children learned what it is like to respectably cheer for your team. SK became my second favorite team in NKY because of this. Now I have to question that choice because some of SK's parents, administration, and young ignorant adults refuse to edit and give the proper direction to a few poor individuals who should not to allowed to dress themselves.

Then let them freakin' worry about it. Why do you have to? You are completely making my point. You guys all worry about what other people are doing. If it's not your kids, or from your school, why worry!?

I'm glad that I am part of a school system that would not allow this type of behavior from its students. We have expectations for sporting events that are clearly covered with our students.

I wonder who pays for the car, car insurance, cell phone, clothes and gas money for these 17-18 year old kids?

I dunno and I have no control over who provides that to those students, nor do you. So when I see it I'm not going to let it ruin my day and I'm certainly not going to give them the disgusted reaction that they're hoping to receive. Like I said previously I think it's funny that everyone is so aware of EVERYTHING that goes on in their school that they know without question that these type of things don't happen at their school. I bet there aren't drugs in all of these school systems either......:lol:

If they are your kids, sure you can. If they aren't your kids you cannot. That's my point. And if they choose to wear or say something, all you can do is look the other way. Or you can get on BGPs board and complain and accomplish absolutely nothing. It's your choice. Kids are always going to be kids, whether you like it or not. If you want to get worked up and raise your blood pressure and stress level, be my guest. I'm going to continue to not care what other kids, from other school, from other parents do, and continue do to what I went to a high school football game for, and that's watch the game.

Of course I can't but the police can or the administration at the school can and either or both should step up to rein these kids in.

Honestly BM would you allow you son or daughter to park a car you own or at least pay the insurance, taxes, maintenance on, to be parked in your driveway with the comment that I read that was on cars at SK on Saturday night? If you as a parent allow this type of behavior then I am more upset with the parent than the kid!

Of course I can't but the police can or the administration at the school can and either or both should step up to rein these kids in.

Honestly BM would you allow you son or daughter to park a car you own or at least pay the insurance, taxes, maintenance on, to be parked in your driveway with the comment that I read that was on cars at SK on Saturday night? If you as a parent allow this type of behavior then I am more upset with the parent than the kid!

I don't have a clue what was being written on cars. All I know about are the shirts being worn by a few of the students, and if shirts are making me lose sleep, I really need a psychiatrist.

Then let them freakin' worry about it. Why do you have to? You are completely making my point. You guys all worry about what other people are doing. If it's not your kids, or from your school, why worry!?

Because it is obvious their parents and administrators won't! You just made our point!

Because it is obvious their parents and administrators won't! You just made our point!

Why is it your responsibility to tell other kids what to do? Administrators I completely understand. But if they don't and their parents don't I'm trying to understand why you, macbeth2112, has to worry.

I dunno and I have no control over who provides that to those students, nor do you. So when I see it I'm not going to let it ruin my day and I'm certainly not going to give them the disgusted reaction that they're hoping to receive. Like I said previously I think it's funny that everyone is so aware of EVERYTHING that goes on in their school that they know without question that these type of things don't happen at their school. I bet there aren't drugs in all of these school systems either......:lol:

Yep. My school has had students bring drugs to the building. Those kids were expelled. They no longer go to our school. The same will be true for the next kid that brings drugs into our building.

What CAN happen for that issue and the behavior of students at athletic events, you CAN set standards, teach those to your kids and hold them to it. If they choose to violate those standards, then their actions have consequences. That's pretty much preparing them for life.

You sure are spending an awful lot of time on a subject that you claim to not care about. :lol:

Why is it your responsibility to tell other kids what to do? Administrators I completely understand. But if they don't and their parents don't I'm trying to understand why you, macbeth2112, has to worry.

Because it effected my children, who have every right to enjoy the game without effecting anybody else's right to do the same. Which they did because I take my role as a parent seriously. I said nothing to the kids wearing the shirts but the question was asked and I responded with my opinion.