Johnson Central 41 Covington Catholic 28

I, for one, do believe CCH is making strides. However, to be ousted in the 2nd round of the playoffs, is nothing to brag about given this programs pedigree.
This post shows little respect for JC. I understand respect is earnd but Cov Cath was beaten buy a very good team last night and if not for a few misfortunes could have won. I am still waiting to here from the Cov Cath fans that said that there is no way JC could run for that many yards against them and how THEY feal JC will do against HHS.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This post shows little respect for JC. I understand respect is earnd but Cov Cath was beaten buy a very good team last night and if not for a few misfortunes could have won. I am still waiting to here from the Cov Cath fans that said that there is no way JC could run for that many yards against them and how THEY feal JC will do against HHS.

I agree, credit the best team for the win.

Are you saying that the problem with CCH is the coaching staff? Are changes needed in Park Hills?

I think Coach Wirth is the right guy to bring CovCath back to where it belongs. I think he has taken strides each year to make the team and the program better. So if you took my comment to mean anything negative about Coach Wirth, that is definitely not what I meant.

I can't speak for all CovCath fans, but all that I know have a great deal of respect for the JC program. Heck, you've knocked us of the playoffs three years in a row. As for anyone saying there was no way Mr. Jude would rack up that many yards, I believe that it was many fan's fear that he would. JC can win against Highlands, but I am certain that they won't do it with another 400+ yard performance by Mr. Jude.

Last night was disappointing for this CovCath fan. We could have won that game. Run defense has been the Achilles heal of the team since the first game.

There is a silver lining in that I believe the program is getting better.

After reading the prediction thread I thought CovCath had seen much better rushing offenses than the one that ended their season last night.

I really don't care who you root for.

Mr. Purple Pride, on Mount Wilson there is a telescope. A powerful telescope that has made it possible to magnify the distant stars to approximately 12 times the magnification of any previous telescope. Atop Mount Palomar, sits a more recently perfected telescope. This magnificent instrument can magnify the stars up to six times the magnification of the Mount Wilson telescope. As improbable as it would doubtless be, if you could somehow contrive to place the Mt. Wilson telescope inside the Mount Palomar telescope, you still would not be able to see my interest that you don't care who I am rooting for. :D

Edited by Flotsam

Not meant that way. As a matter of fact, I thing JC is the best team in the state that has never won a state crown. Maybe that will change in 2010.

Again, I wasn't talking about his performance. I just didn't agree that all of NKY had been "whoofing," whatever that means.

Please, do we have to rehash the prediction thread? You're the only person in the thread who astoundingly didn't know what whoofing refers to.

Please, do we have to rehash the prediction thread? You're the only person in the thread who astoundingly didn't know what whoofing refers to.
It could mean a lot of things. And I believe you are bringing up a discussion that the rest of us resolved quickly, 67 posts ago. Time to move on, please.

Why was Ritter ejected? I watched the video and he got up to celebrate after the play and the flag came out immediately. Nothing in the video looked like he deserved to be ejected.

Have not seen the video but just guessing. Someone in another thread said he threw a punch. I'm guessing that the way Cov. Cath. tries to strip the ball , it looks like they are throwing punches left and right. You get some down state refs and your going to get called on that. Just my opinion.

Two things on my guy Paul Ritter.

His ejection was warranted by the rulebook. It's not what happened when he got up. It's what happened in the pile. Deliberate or not it was an easy call for the official looking right at him.

Secondly, his ejection IMO had little impact on the game other than on the psyche of the team. Let's be honest. He played the entire first half and Jude had 250 yards so regardless of where he was playing he along had no impact.

The entire team is culpable. The defense, obviously, couldn't contain the one runner they knew was carrying the ball and the offense hurt them as well. Team loss. No one player was THE reason.

Someone asked earlier about the coaching situation. Wirth has it going in a better direction. All head coaches always need to evaluate their staff and determine if they have the right guys and if there are other guys available. My guess is Dave will go through that process as well.