November 14, 200520 yr Only 11 out of 128 schools that started the playoffs were private schools. Now that we are down to 32 teams, 8 in each class we only have 7 of those 11 left in the playoffs. 1A: Newport Central Catholic & Lexington Christian. One of these two teams will be eliminated this week. 2A: DeSales & Owensboro Catholic. If both of these teams win. then one of them will be in the state championship. 3A: Lexington Catholic is the one private survivor in 3A. Only because they eliminated the other private school in 3A (Cov. Catholic). 4A: Two started in the tourney and I'm sure two will stay in the tourney. Trinity & St. X. What does everyone think about this little stat?
November 14, 200520 yr What do I think? I think this thread belongs over on the public/private forum.
November 14, 200520 yr Private schools are 14-2 against public schools in this year's playoffs. Two private schools were eliminated by other private schools, and one of the other two losses was in overtime at Danville.
November 14, 200520 yr Private schools are 14-2 against public schools in this year's playoffs. Two private schools were eliminated by other private schools, and one of the other two losses was in overtime at Danville. Something's off tilt!!!! Maybe the playing field?
November 14, 200520 yr Only 11 started and 7 remain. And only 2 of those loses come to public schools. I think that is a pretty good reason why schools are wanting Props 20, although i believe that the only 2 of the state titles will be held by private schools and the other 2 by public schools.
November 14, 200520 yr It doesn't prove anything other than people are still making excuses..........
November 14, 200520 yr It doesn't prove anything other than people are still making excuses.......... :thumb: :thumb:
November 14, 200520 yr Let's have this same conversation when basketball season starts. Private schools are always wanting to level the playing court...LOL
November 14, 200520 yr Let's have this same conversation when basketball season starts. Private schools are always wanting to level the playing court...LOL I've yet to hear a private complain.
November 14, 200520 yr I've yet to hear a private complain. Correct, and as a matter of fact, Trinity hired an excellent coach who has completely invigorated their program taking them to 2 straight Sweet 16 appearances. I have heard they may be a little down this year, but I bet it won't be the last time you hear of Trinity in the Sweet 16 as long as he is their coach.
November 15, 200520 yr Private schools vs. public schools in the playoffs ... I'm putting Trinity and St. Xavier's records in parentheses to distinguish them from the rest ... 2005 ... 14-2 (4-0) 2004 ... 18-7 (6-1) 2003 ... 15-8 (8-0) 2002 ... 17-7 (7-1) 2001 ... 16-7 (5-1) 2000 ... 13-8 (6-2) 1999 ... 12-7 (7-1) 1998 ... 12-8 (4-2) 1997 ... 20-5 (8-1) 1996 ... 9-8 (4-2) 1995 ... 11-6 (5-1) Totals ... 157-73 (64-12) Private schools overall ... 157-73 (.654) St. Xavier-Trinity ... 64-12 (.842) Other private schools ... 93-61 (.604)
November 15, 200520 yr Private schools vs. public schools in the playoffs ... I'm putting Trinity and St. Xavier's records in parentheses to distinguish them from the rest ... 2005 ... 14-2 (4-0) 2004 ... 18-7 (6-1) 2003 ... 15-8 (8-0) 2002 ... 17-7 (7-1) 2001 ... 16-7 (5-1) 2000 ... 13-8 (6-2) 1999 ... 12-7 (7-1) 1998 ... 12-8 (4-2) 1997 ... 20-5 (8-1) 1996 ... 9-8 (4-2) 1995 ... 11-6 (5-1) Totals ... 157-73 (64-12) Private schools overall ... 157-73 (.654) St. Xavier-Trinity ... 64-12 (.842) Other private schools ... 93-61 (.604) Thats pretty good. Way to go X and T! :ylsuper:
November 15, 200520 yr Correct, and as a matter of fact, Trinity hired an excellent coach who has completely invigorated their program taking them to 2 straight Sweet 16 appearances. I have heard they may be a little down this year, but I bet it won't be the last time you hear of Trinity in the Sweet 16 as long as he is their coach. If only it were true. Trinity has been to the Sweet 16 once in the history of the school. That year they were knocked out of the Sweet 16 by a public school that in turn lost to yet another public school in the final. This year the Rocks were knocked out of the playoffs by multiple former champion Ballard, also a public school.
November 15, 200520 yr Only 11 started and 7 remain. And only 2 of those loses come to public schools. I think that is a pretty good reason why schools are wanting Props 20, although i believe that the only 2 of the state titles will be held by private schools and the other 2 by public schools. I agree JC.Of the public schools left how many have open enrollment, allowing athletes from other counties, or even other STATES to attend school and participate in sports?This quite possibly is an even larger disadvantage to the schools that have to play with only the kids that live where the school is.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.