Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Private vs Public

Featured Replies

Why not make the public schools combine two teams to form one?

 

 

I Think that is the best Idea I have heard. I wonder how the Khsaa would handle that. Lets see PRP and Butler combined that would add up to about 1500 male boys and that would even the field, the publics would not have anything to gripe about then, they would have the same amount of males to choose from to field a team. I think Manual/Male, and Eastern /Ballard. Then all would be fair, and when they start beating the privates I dont want to hear us complain its unfair because they get more boys to choose from. That is what Cinny did. They got smart and started combineing schools, (coleran, or whatever it is called) and now they have the same amount of males as Cinny X, so when they started beating Cinny X, Cinny X and the private schools started complaining about the publics having more males and students. I dont wont that to happen here.

  • Replies 72
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I Think that is the best Idea I have heard. I wonder how the Khsaa would handle that. Lets see PRP and Butler combined that would add up to about 1500 male boys and that would even the field, the publics would not have anything to gripe about then, they would have the same amount of males to choose from to field a team. I think Manual/Male, and Eastern /Ballard. Then all would be fair, and when they start beating the privates I dont want to hear us complain its unfair because they get more boys to choose from. That is what Cinny did. They got smart and started combineing schools, (coleran, or whatever it is called) and now they have the same amount of males as Cinny X, so when they started beating Cinny X, Cinny X and the private schools started complaining about the publics having more males and students. I dont wont that to happen here.

For athletics and city schools that would be great. For the rural counties, you cannot combine schools without 2 hour bus drive to their school.

 

Also, I am not sure that is the best setting for education. For some it would not matter. For some students, they will learn no matter what environment they are in. For others, an extremely large school would see them slip through the cracks. And schools are for education, right?

I Think that is the best Idea I have heard. I wonder how the Khsaa would handle that. Lets see PRP and Butler combined that would add up to about 1500 male boys and that would even the field, the publics would not have anything to gripe about then, they would have the same amount of males to choose from to field a team. I think Manual/Male, and Eastern /Ballard. Then all would be fair, and when they start beating the privates I dont want to hear us complain its unfair because they get more boys to choose from. That is what Cinny did. They got smart and started combineing schools, (coleran, or whatever it is called) and now they have the same amount of males as Cinny X, so when they started beating Cinny X, Cinny X and the private schools started complaining about the publics having more males and students. I dont wont that to happen here.

 

I think it's a great idea too. I bet Coach Redmond would love to have the Manual players with his group. Do you think Coach Nichols would think it's a good idea?

Not combine the school's, just the teams.

Hey, I think it is unfair that every household in Jefferson County pays property taxes that a big portion of,goes to the Jefferson County public school system. "0" goes to the Private Schools. Shouldn't we include the private schools in the funds dispersal? Oh that is right, I forgot they have all the money. GIVE ME A BREAK... EVERY HOUSE IN JEFFERSON COUNTY gives money to the County school system.

Every success you see in the Private sector comes from hard work and parents paying the property tax to the Public school and the additional money to the private school. Not all people in Private School families are rich. They are committed to making the school the best. Can we not make everything fair? wah wah wah...GO ROCKS - GO TIGERS - GO VALKRIES - GO ROCKETS - GO COLTS - GO PRIVATES Keep winning - Keep working hard. If we have have our own tournament- So what - At least it will be competitive.

Updated again ...

 

Private schools vs. public schools in the playoffs ... I'm putting Trinity and St. Xavier's records in parentheses to distinguish them from the rest ...

 

2005 ... 23-2 (8-0)

2004 ... 18-7 (6-1)

2003 ... 15-8 (8-0)

2002 ... 17-7 (7-1)

2001 ... 16-7 (5-1)

2000 ... 13-8 (6-2)

1999 ... 12-7 (7-1)

1998 ... 12-8 (4-2)

1997 ... 20-5 (8-1)

1996 ... 9-8 (4-2)

1995 ... 11-6 (5-1)

 

Totals ... 166-73 (68-12)

 

Private schools overall ... 166-73 (.694)

St. Xavier-Trinity ... 68-12 (.850)

Other private schools ... 98-61 (.617)

Updated again ...

 

Private schools vs. public schools in the playoffs ... I'm putting Trinity and St. Xavier's records in parentheses to distinguish them from the rest ...

 

2005 ... 23-2 (8-0)

2004 ... 18-7 (6-1)

2003 ... 15-8 (8-0)

2002 ... 17-7 (7-1)

2001 ... 16-7 (5-1)

2000 ... 13-8 (6-2)

1999 ... 12-7 (7-1)

1998 ... 12-8 (4-2)

1997 ... 20-5 (8-1)

1996 ... 9-8 (4-2)

1995 ... 11-6 (5-1)

 

Totals ... 166-73 (68-12)

 

Private schools overall ... 166-73 (.694)

St. Xavier-Trinity ... 68-12 (.850)

Other private schools ... 98-61 (.617)

 

So what are Highlands, Beechwood, Danville, Boyle and the other public powerhouses records in the playoffs? I'm not sure of your point, other than to say the private schools do well when the reach the playoffs??

So what are Highlands, Beechwood, Danville, Boyle and the other public powerhouses records in the playoffs? I'm not sure of your point, other than to say the private schools do well when the reach the playoffs??
Not making a point, necessarily ... just pointing out some indisputable facts. Given your defensive posture, maybe you're just a touch sensitive about the subject.

 

Theoretically, however, given an "even playing field," shouldn't the private schools' record against the public schools be right at the .500 mark?

Not making a point, necessarily ... just pointing out some indisputable facts. Given your defensive posture, maybe you're just a touch sensitive about the subject.

 

Theoretically, however, given an "even playing field," shouldn't the private schools' record against the public schools be right at the .500 mark?

 

I'm glad you can read my "posture"?? I was actually just trying to understand what you were trying to say. Thanks for clarifying. Not sure what can be read into the Privates having a over-500 record in the playoffs, especially given that Trinity and X are part of the equation, being by far the largest schools in the state.

 

Since you're a stat guy, look up Beechwood and Highlands record in the playoffs. I'm guessing 80-90 % wins!! I believe BW is 8-3 in the finals alone, and obviously had to win a lot of games to get there.

 

My "point" if you're wondering is, I think you'll find most successful programs have pretty good playoff records; regardless of their private of public status!! That would be why they are "successful programs"!!

I'm glad you can read my "posture"??
Seems pretty apparent.

Not sure what can be read into the Privates having a over-500 record in the playoffs, especially given that Trinity and X are part of the equation, being by far the largest schools in the state.
The records were broken down to include the private schools aside from Trinity and St. Xavier, and their winning percentage is also well over the .500 mark.

Since you're a stat guy, look up Beechwood and Highlands record in the playoffs. I'm guessing 80-90 % wins!! I believe BW is 8-3 in the finals alone, and obviously had to win a lot of games to get there.
And you're cherry-picking the most successful public school programs, conveniently not counting the majority.

 

On the other hand, I'm counting all private schools, not just the most decorated ones.

Seems pretty apparent.

The records were broken down to include the private schools aside from Trinity and St. Xavier, and their winning percentage is also well over the .500 mark.

And you're cherry-picking the most successful public school programs, conveniently not counting the majority.

 

On the other hand, I'm counting all private schools, not just the most decorated ones.

 

Just going with the programs I know. I'm sure if you look at any of the other successful public programs you'll find similar numbers. You'll probably also find the same schools in the playoffs for the most part each year--public and private!!

To be the best, you have to compete against the best.

The final numbers ...

 

Private schools vs. public schools in the playoffs ... I'm putting Trinity and St. Xavier's records in parentheses to distinguish them from the rest ...

 

2005 ... 25-3 (8-0)

2004 ... 18-7 (6-1)

2003 ... 15-8 (8-0)

2002 ... 17-7 (7-1)

2001 ... 16-7 (5-1)

2000 ... 13-8 (6-2)

1999 ... 12-7 (7-1)

1998 ... 12-8 (4-2)

1997 ... 20-5 (8-1)

1996 ... 9-8 (4-2)

1995 ... 11-6 (5-1)

 

Totals ... 168-74 (68-12)

 

Private schools overall ... 168-74 (.694)

St. Xavier-Trinity ... 68-12 (.850)

Other private schools ... 100-62 (.617)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.