Private vs Public

inorout

Since the KHSAA limits the number of games that can be played at each level of competition does the eville dad plan also call for each varsity team at Trinity and X to only play half a schedule?

I have a better idea, how about the public schools stop viewing smaller as better. INVHO many areas of the state are much to quick to open new schools when they think that enrollment has gotten to big. There are many schools in Jefferson County that are operating at much less then their intended student population. Close some schools and cut down on duplication.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im guessing more publics especially in the larger metro areas are full.

I think if a school fields two teams they will be treated as two individual teams and allowed to play full schedules as any other team.

I realize this idea of two teams at the two largest private school, (by the way would probably apply at Assumption too) sounds a little radica,l but it has some merit in a lot of ways.

Twice as many kids attending the private school of X&T would get to participate in their sports.

Both schools would remain extremely competitive because of their tradition, facilities, support and work ethic.

You know what would be the best way to solve this whole problem.

The diocease of Louisville building two more high schools so you can split both Trinity and X down the middle. It will never happen, but that is the only way to even the numbers out, is by adding more catholic schools.

You know what would be the best way to solve this whole problem.

The diocease of Louisville building two more high schools so you can split both Trinity and X down the middle. It will never happen, but that is the only way to even the numbers out, is by adding more catholic schools.

Kids already have a choice to go to Holy Cross or DeSales other than X and T. The diocease doesnt have the cash to create 2 more schools like X and T. Its taken many many years for both schools to get the facilities that they have. Those facilities are a part of the reason why student want to go there.

Im guessing more publics especially in the larger metro areas are full.

I think if a school fields two teams they will be treated as two individual teams and allowed to play full schedules as any other team.

I realize this idea of two teams at the two largest private school, (by the way would probably apply at Assumption too) sounds a little radica,l but it has some merit in a lot of ways.

Twice as many kids attending the private school of X&T would get to participate in their sports.

Both schools would remain extremely competitive because of their tradition, facilities, support and work ethic.

So when Assumption 1 plays Assumption 2 for the State Volleyball Championship everyone will be happy?

I bet it would do more to quiet the doubters than you want to believe...

Then thats strange. Just because we dress 100 doesnt mean it gives us some kind of advantage. You could tell X or T they could only dress 40 and they only thing it would change is the final score. Instead of being able to put the 2nd or 3rd string in the 1st stays in and runs up the score even higher. :confused:

Then thats strange. Just because we dress 100 doesnt mean it gives us some kind of advantage. You could tell X or T they could only dress 40 and they only thing it would change is the final score. Instead of being able to put the 2nd or 3rd string in the 1st stays in and runs up the score even higher. :confused:

:thumb:

I do not belive that fielding two teams is the answer....Why would we ever agree to drive a wedge in our football program? What about the school spirit and pride...now split.....once again...why would any school agree to this just because a grumblings from outside forces....These grumblings are totally unfounded anyway....If they were why did the X basketball team have a losing record? The B-ball team has the same advantages as the football.

We have lived with private schools for many years! In fact, Trinity and St. X have been around for quiet sometime. Lex Cath for a long time, but only becoming a sports powerhouse in the last 10-12 years. Lex Christian now starting to become good. But you have Henry Clay in football this year and Male and other public schools that do well also.

Two points - (1) As long as things stay in balance and within fairness then I have no problems with private schools. Lex Cath as an example has gone from 1A to 3A. That is not bad in and of itself because Lexington is growing and all of the public schools are at full capacity. St. X and Trinity have existed as football powerhouses for years. That is not bad. (2) But if a private school raids the talent from the public schools in their area and leave the public schools without talent, then that is not fair and gives the private school an unfair advantage. That is where you have to look at the big picture and see what is going on. In most places that isn't what is occurring IMO. Example, Henry Clay can hold their own with any football team in Fayette County and they are public. Lexington Cath has not been too successful in the playoffs the past couple of years in basketball. So what is the big deal.

As long as private schools don't steal all of the talent to the point where it is obvious that it is intentional and as long as they don't bring in a whole squad of ringers, then I have no problem with private schools. The public schools appear to hold their own fairly well.