Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

swamp thang

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by swamp thang

  1. No one ever "waltzes" to anything in the 11th.
  2. Scott County might have more trouble with Lafayette than many expect.
  3. Is this the same Springfield in which Homer Simpson resides?
  4. Coach Salsman made this statement before the Trinity game
  5. First of all congratulations to the Knights. But I have to as: on the final Boyle County drive resulting in the 4th down stop, why wasn't there a measurement? I'm a LexCath fan and happy about the victory but from my vantage point, it looks like that play warranted a measurement.
  6. http://www.uofrathletics.com/news/2011/5/12/3998.aspx Nathan Novasel having great career at University of Rochester
  7. I was very impressed by Wayne County. They handled the Knight's press better than many teams. I especially love #44's game. He's not a scorer but he always seemed to keep his team under control.
  8. Friday the 18th... the court at Lexington Catholic will be renamed "Danny Haney Court" in honor of the long time player and coach for the Knights. http://www.lexingtoncatholic.com/news/dannyhaneycourtdedication.html
  9. Great HS basketball game. It was a game of runs and the Cards got the last run. Hope the Knights get a shot at them at another time. I'm guessing that a re-match would probably occur in the 11th regional finals. There's a lot of basketball left for both teams in order to reach that point, however. I was indeed a hard foul by Schutte against Manning although there did not appear any malicious intent. I hope he is OK. There were also at least three occasions in which players had to leave the floor due to blood on uniforms. The downfall for the Knights was 23 of 40 freethrows, while Scott County hit 22 of 30
  10. Saturday night is "Mid-Knight Stakes" night. This is one of the largest fundraisers of the year for LexCath. Every year the Knights play a game in Alumni gym. It's usually the week before the fundraiser.
  11. I'm sure the GRC fans are excited about all the adversities that had to be overcome. Just curious...with a regular size gym and any other officials, is LexCath within 20 points of the Cards? Just want to decide if I want to go back if there's a rematch somewhere down the line.
  12. Just wondering if Scott County had any good transfers this season like the last few seasons.
  13. Jerry Claiborne's "old iffin" game: Iffin St. X is 37 points better than LexCath and iffin Trinity is 48 points better than St. X, the it makes sense then Trinity beats LexCath 85-0
  14. Can't we just let Mountain set up a committee, buy a road atlas and set everybody's schedule? Just Kidding
  15. Looked for you, Bluto to say hello but I guess the rain gear had to cover up the tropical shirt. Maybe I'll see you during the basketball season. But as for the game, I think it's somewhat of an anomaly and don't think a lot should be made of the score. The Knights, in my opinion, are still growing up and just had a lot of depth that wore the Eagles down over the course of the game. I would have loved to play LCA with their full arsenal. We have a tough schedule left with Boyle, the directional Jessamines and Trinity. Good luck to LCA and much respect for manning up when your back was against the wall.
  16. History shows us that they'll have a good team. History also tells us that some transfers will contribute to their success
  17. Historically, in my opinion, the boycott of LexCath by Fayette County schools always seems to hurt the public schools come tourny time. It's difficult to imagine the speed of Catholic without having faced them during the regular season. I pick LexCath 67-59
  18. Has anyone heard whether or not any fines and/or sanctions might be levied against Henry Clay?
  19. The games were split between the old and new gyms at Lexington Catholic. From this point forward, all of the championship bracket games will be played in the new gym.
  20. LexCath Students (at no particular time or so it seems) Leader: I believe Cheer Section; I believe Leader: I believe Cheer Section: I believe All (while bouncing): I believe that we will win I believe that we will win I believe that we will win...
  21. Great win for Lone Oak. In my opinion, a better teams that the finalists two years ago. The Knights defense didn't seem to have any answers to the varied attack that they faced. Wonderful crowd and atmosphere. As a LC follower, I wish you guys the best the rest of the year. The Knights have some major poblems on defense that must be addressed before this season becomes a disaster.
  22. Thanks for the suggestions flashdaddy. Good luck to you and Lone Oak as well. I hope it's a good game and everyone comes out of it healthy before district play begins
  23. I'll be there rooting for my Knights this Friday. Long drive so Ms. Swampthang and our friends are making an overnight roadtrip out of it. Any suggestions about non-game related activities we might enjoy

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.