Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lone Oak / Lexington Catholic predictions

Who will win? 67 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

    • Lone Oak
      20%
      14
    • Lexington Catholic
      79%
      53

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I don't know much about Lex Cath this year. Do they have the same fire power as they had in '07? If so, the Oakers could be in for a long night. However, LO has a balanced offensive attack this time around and their defense has been impressive thus far, albeit against teams of much lesser caliber than the Knights. I'm hoping LO makes a game of it and finds a way to score.:popcorn:

I don't know much about Lex Cath this year. Do they have the same fire power as they had in '07? If so, the Oakers could be in for a long night. However, LO has a balanced offensive attack this time around and their defense has been impressive thus far, albeit against teams of much lesser caliber than the Knights. I'm hoping LO makes a game of it and finds a way to score.:popcorn:

 

LexCath doesn't have the fire power they had in 07, but they do have a good team. They have good team spead on D. Knights have speed at Rb with Raglin and they rotate 2 qb's in and out with Ward and Steele. Don't know too much about LO but I don't think they win this one. Im going Knights by 3td's

We simply don't have firepower this year. The D is very suspect against the run and I think Lone Oak could get revenge from their loss in the 2007 State Championship game. It should be a close game if Lone Oak has any kind of a running game, and if their D can shut down our O, they should get the W.

Lone Oak has some very good speed in the backfield. Cousins Matt and Joe Sparks aren't very big but have great moves. QB Looper is more mobile than Robinson was in '07, less mobile than Brown last year. (I say this believing Robinson had good mobility) He can escape defenses and has a solid arm. Some of the receivers dropped some gimmees Friday night but the ball was wet from a fairly strong rain in the 1st quarter. The defense looks very good. They haven't played anyone near Lex Cath's talent, so I have no way to reasonably predict this game. Lex Cath is probably the favorite, but they can't overlook LO on their home field. LO has a strong balanced team. One of the best in the state west of the Green River!

  • Author

I would agree that LO has a more balanced team..LC on film looks like their trying to find their identity..You know the old saying "If you have 2 QB's you dont have any".. Well i think that is true here..LO offensive line play is going to dictate this game i think..If they play well and give the Oakers some running lanes and Looper some time to find open recievers LO will have a true shot at this one. I would say based on what ive seen 34-31 LO wins.............Hopefully!!

  • Author

keeping it going

I think that LC will win I don't know aything about LO this year. I know that LC hasn't been as good as they have in th past. but they still have some talented players and will be well coached.

Lone Oak in a shocker.

Lexington Catholic 35-16.

Wow :eek: what a drive for a football game. What time would the Knights leave Lexington for a 8:00 Fiday night game at Lone Oak?

It's about three and one half hours from Lexington to Paducah. 250 crappy miles.

Let's all remember that Lexington Catholic is 2-1, with wins over 5A Whitley County and 5A Covington Catholic, and a loss to 6A power St. Xavier. Lone Oak is 3-0, but has beaten 1A Ballard Memorial, 2A lightweight Reidland, and a 6A school in Marshall County that is in complete rebuilding mode.

 

Lone Oak will be the fourth best team Lexington Catholic has played so far. I'm not guaranteeing a Knights win, but would caution against reading too much into their previous results, just as I would caution getting too excited about Lone Oak at 3-0.

 

Lexington Catholic 35

Lone Oak 21

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.