What is your favorite kind of bourbon?

MJAlltheWay24

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumb:

I refuse to drink Jack as well lol. I'm loyal.

Same here. :thumb:

Plus, I don't like the sweet taste of Jack, even if I loved it I wouldn't drink it. I do like me some good ole fashioned Jim Beam. Beam is normally my go to bourbon, 7 year, and Jim Beam Black. Used to I'd get down on some Wild Turkey 101. Go with some Makers or Woodford every now and then, but normally its Jim Beam, straight down the hatch.

• 1 year later...

As much as I love bourbon, and as much as I consider myself to be "a bourbon drinker", I can't admit to being a neat bourbon drinker. At very least I need to have it chilled and then strained with a shaker, but I generally drink it on the rocks. A couple of Christmases ago, Makers Mark sent its ambassadors an ice mold that made these giant round iceballs with the Makers Mark logo embossed in them. I honestly thought it was a little odd, seeing as a lot of bourbon purists think you need to drink bourbon neat. Also, the choice for an enormous round 2 1/2" ice ball was a little odd to me too. This explains it a little better now. I didn't really ever think much about "ice quality" either.

That was pretty cool. Has to take a lot of practice and one pretty good knife to do that. He makes it look effortless.

I am a neat drinker in general. Basil Hayden is my favorite.

Several of my friends use these stainless steel cubes. They run about $4.00 a cube, but they say you can put the exact amount of water in your bourbon that you like, and it's perfect start to finish. You wash refreeze and use them over and over.

STEEL-ICE-CUBE.jpg

http://www.brookstone.com/reusable-ice-cubes

As much as I love bourbon, and as much as I consider myself to be "a bourbon drinker", I can't admit to being a neat bourbon drinker. At very least I need to have it chilled and then strained with a shaker, but I generally drink it on the rocks. A couple of Christmases ago, Makers Mark sent its ambassadors an ice mold that made these giant round iceballs with the Makers Mark logo embossed in them. I honestly thought it was a little odd, seeing as a lot of bourbon purists think you need to drink bourbon neat. Also, the choice for an enormous round 2 1/2" ice ball was a little odd to me too. This explains it a little better now. I didn't really ever think much about "ice quality" either.

I don't drink bourbon often but when I do I drink it neat.

That was pretty cool. Has to take a lot of practice and one pretty good knife to do that. He makes it look effortless.

I am a neat drinker in general. Basil Hayden is my favorite.

Several of my friends use these stainless steel cubes. They run about $4.00 a cube, but they say you can put the exact amount of water in your bourbon that you like, and it's perfect start to finish. You wash refreeze and use them over and over.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36651[/ATTACH]

n'ICE Cubes

I got some bourbon stones at Buffalo Trace last year that I enjoy.

I have tried several but I like the basic Jim Beam better than any of the other Beams and better than the more expensive Bourbons.

I certainly do like many the more expensive bourbons, but there's not a thing wrong with Jim Beam. Miller Lite is my go-to inexpensive beer, and Jim Beam is my go-to inexpensive bourbon.

I certainly do like many the more expensive bourbons, but there's not a thing wrong with Jim Beam. Miller Lite is my go-to inexpensive beer, and Jim Beam is my go-to inexpensive bourbon.

I would pay more if I liked the taste better but for me regular Jim Beam tastes the best to me.

Don't care much for Miller products, I prefer Bud products and I really like Red Stripe.