What is your favorite kind of bourbon?

MJAlltheWay24

I would pay more if I liked the taste better but for me regular Jim Beam tastes the best to me.

Don't care much for Miller products, I prefer Bud products and I really like Red Stripe.

Have you had Basil before?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few months after making my initial post in this thread, Mrs. S and I attended the USF/UofL game in Louisville. The night before the game, we met several other USF road warrior couples at the Bourbon Bistro on Franklin Avenue. There, I got my first edumacation in the variety of bourbons available. They bring you a flat of five bourbons you select from a list of over a 100. You get to sample wheated and various mixtures of rye bourbons side by side.

Last fall, before football season began, the same group got together at a road warrior's home to have a preseason party and bourbon tasting. I've found that I've acquired a taste for Buffalo Trace over Makers, even 46. Can't tell you why. It just suits me better for some reason. Of course, my taste could change at the next turn, too.

This year's preseason party is at my house. I'm going to slide a scotch into the blind tasting to see if the palettes of the avowed experts are as good as they contend.