What is your favorite kind of bourbon?

MJAlltheWay24

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you who want to save some money with Christmas coming up but don't want to sacrifice too much on quality, the bourbon Guru mentioned a year or so ago called Benchmark is not bad at all for such a low price. With the gift buying season coming up, I may have to grab bottle of that since I only have a shot or two of my Knob Creek I bought last spring.
You have bourbon left from spring? :no:

Oh crap, wait...I do sound like a lush! :woot:

For those of you who want to save some money with Christmas coming up but don't want to sacrifice too much on quality, the bourbon Guru mentioned a year or so ago called Benchmark is not bad at all for such a low price. With the gift buying season coming up, I may have to grab bottle of that since I only have a shot or two of my Knob Creek I bought last spring.

I've tried it a couple of times, and I just don't much care for it. I can't really put my finger on what I don't like about it, but I'm just not a fan. About the cheapest I go, these days, is Old Forester Signature (the 100 proof, not the 86 proof). Goes for about $22 for a 750ml. Benchmark is usually $13 or $14...but I'm willing to toss up the extra cabbage for the Old Fo.

I've tried it a couple of times, and I just don't much care for it. I can't really put my finger on what I don't like about it, but I'm just not a fan. About the cheapest I go, these days, is Old Forester Signature (the 100 proof, not the 86 proof). Goes for about $22 for a 750ml. Benchmark is usually $13 or $14...but I'm willing to toss up the extra cabbage for the Old Fo.
Do you like Wild Turkey 101?

Old Fo is certainly another great bourbon for somewhat cheap drinking.

Question for the bourbon experts, where can I find and purchase pappy? I've never had any and would love to have a bottle or two. Also where's the best place to buy the limited release stuff like Woodford's masters collection, Old Forester birthday, buffalo trace antique etc?

Also has anyone tried the Willett cask strength?