What is your favorite kind of bourbon?

MJAlltheWay24

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The older I get, the more I feel like I really enjoy bourbon and Coke. Currently my favorite bourbon that I enjoy (largely due to the price, as well) is Ancient Age.

What about you?

The Age is good on the budget but I find myself as I get older enjoying Maker's more and more. If it's a special occasion I like to break out the WR. WR is probably my favorite but often more than I want to spend.

The older I get, the more I feel like I really enjoy bourbon and Coke. Currently my favorite bourbon that I enjoy (largely due to the price, as well) is Ancient Age.

What about you?

The older you get, you will enjoy bourbon even more and toss aside the coke and replace it with another cube of ice or more air. :D

For my everyday drinking pleasure, I drink Basil Hayden. I also enjoy Baker's and Pappy Van Winkle.

My favorite bourbon is none. I had a bad experience in high school and I still can't even smell it....lol

...surely you don't mean to imply that you consumed bourbon in high school, do you? You must have knocked your old man's prized collectors bottle off the shelf and broken it, or something like that, right?

I'd also have to agree 100% on the not mixing thing.

I can blow some pretty serious cash on bourbon if I feel like it, but I'd say my favorites are Basil Hayden, Booker's, Baker's, Eagle Rare (10 Year), Blanton's, Corner Creek Reserve, and George T. Stagg. I think those should give you a pretty good array of characteristics and pricetags.

I'm a Makers guy.

I went to a private party recently that had a cash bar. I walked up and asked the bar keep, if he had a good Kentucky Bourbon. The, obviously new, bartender said, "I've got Jack Daniels." I said, "Thems fightin' word, son. Do you want me to jump over this bar and knock the snot out of you? I said, Bourbon, not some cheap Tennessee whiskey." He found a fifth of Jim, so I settled for that. I let him know I was joking, cause I think I scared the little feller. :D

I went to a private party recently that had a cash bar. I walked up and asked the bar keep, if he had a good Kentucky Bourbon. The, obviously new, bartender said, "I've got Jack Daniels." I said, "Thems fightin' word, son. Do you want me to jump over this bar and knock the snot out of you? I said, Bourbon, not some cheap Tennessee whiskey." He found a fifth of Jim, so I settled for that. I let him know I was joking, cause I think I scared the little feller. :D

:thumb:

I refuse to drink Jack as well lol. I'm loyal.

The Age is good on the budget but I find myself as I get older enjoying Maker's more and more. If it's a special occasion I like to break out the WR. WR is probably my favorite but often more than I want to spend.

Woodford is the only way I go. Of course it helps when you get free bottles of it whenever you want...:D