Votto left off NL All Star Team

Is it ever okay to be critical of bad play or terrible behavior that hurts the team?

The problem is, you only seem to point out the negative, ALL THE TIME.

I can't say you have never said anything positive, because I know that's not right, but my goodness, it's always negative with you. I'm a pessimistic person and I'm impressed with you finding a glass half empty view on just about anything Reds related. :lol:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it ever okay to be critical of bad play or terrible behavior that hurts the team?

If the Reds lose today, be as negative as you want about it. Atleast wait to pass judgement until you see if it truly hurts the team. If they win, who cares whether Votto got tossed or not?

If the Reds lose today, be as negative as you want about it. Atleast wait to pass judgement until you see if it truly hurts the team. If they win, who cares whether Votto got tossed or not?

Fair enough. I do feel, however, that tossing his helmet, knowing that he would be ejected, represented very poor judgement on Joey's part.

Fair enough. I do feel, however, that tossing his helmet, knowing that he would be ejected, represented very poor judgement on Joey's part.

The way I'm looking at it is this....Votto needed a day off and he gave it to himself. Obviously you don't want Votto and Rolen out of the same game, but if you can win with a lineup like that then take what you get.

Votto, first player since 1952 (Boog Powell) to not make the All-Star team when his stats put him in the top 5 in hitting, HR's, and RBI's. According to Thom Brennaman, one of the all time biggest snubs. Shameful.

Thom Brennaman is a homer for the Reds-after he was canned by the Cubs and left Arizona on his own. He would not be a broadcaster if not for his dad. Geez how many times do I have to hear "Here's Johnny" for Gomes.

Thom Brennaman is a homer for the Reds-after he was canned by the Cubs and left Arizona on his own. He would not be a broadcaster if not for his dad. Geez how many times do I have to hear "Here's Johnny" for Gomes.

That doesn't take away from the fact that Votto is one of the biggest snubs of all time.

That doesn't take away from the fact that Votto is one of the biggest snubs of all time.

I get the feeling he isn't all that well liked by other players and managers, and I don't think it is jealousy. I am certain he will be voted in by the fans. In a way won't that be a bigger honor? I know people look at his numbers and say he is having a Pujols like year, but honestly whom would you rather have on your team? For me Pujols-no doubt about it.

I get the feeling he isn't all that well liked by other players and managers, and I don't think it is jealousy. I am certain he will be voted in by the fans. In a way won't that be a bigger honor? I know people look at his numbers and say he is having a Pujols like year, but honestly whom would you rather have on your team? For me Pujols-no doubt about it.

That is not the point of the all-star game is it? It's about picking the guys with the best year up till now to represent the NL and their team.

Votto or Pujols? Basically identical in stats this season. Joey has proven he deserves to be there. He'd be in the top 3 in MVP voting right now.

Votto or Ryan Howard?

Shouldn't even be a question. With the fans is a popularity contest and the managers look out for their own players. It's the nature of the all-star game. I've done my fair share of voting for Votto today, but i'm not confident on the fans voting him in.

Is there anyone on here that thinks Votto does not deserve to be on the All Star team? If so let's hear why. If not go to the website and vote. Calling out Brennemann and postulating about Votto not being well liked is absurd. If you don't think he belongs, just say it.

Thom Brennaman is a homer for the Reds-after he was canned by the Cubs and left Arizona on his own. He would not be a broadcaster if not for his dad. .

I disagree. I do think it helped him get started but Fox isn't going to put him on the national games in baseball AND football just because of Pops. He's earned it.