Votto left off NL All Star Team

If he is losing it-I hope Dusty loses it too after winning one World Series and then losing in the Fall Classic the next year.

So if you win a World Series you can never lose your mind? If you mean you would sacrifice Baker's sanity for a World Championship then I'm with you 100%.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny he earned it and their other "great" announcer-Mr. Buck earned it too? Funny they both have dads who were broadcasters. That is a close knit fraternity. You think the Caray sons and grandsons are good too. How about the Albert brothers? Terrible, terrible, terrible.

Joe Buck is outstanding. Maybe its a case of the apple not falling far from the tree.

Zero chance any network keeps Buck or Thom if they're not cutting it.

I think Infante is on due to the winning league getting home field advantage in the series. Charlie is not looking at this as a "fun weekend." He's putting a team together to win which means a utility guy like Infante gets selected.

The system is to blame as much as Manuel.

I think Infante is on due to the winning league getting home field advantage in the series. Charlie is not looking at this as a "fun weekend." He's putting a team together to win which means a utility guy like Infante gets selected.

The system is to blame as much as Manuel.

Sorry but that rationale doesn't hold water. Pardo plays ever position. Couple that with the new rule that allows one player to re-enter and it just makes is a stupid decision. Plus, could he not come up with anyone better than Infante? Heck Miguel Cairo compares favorably.

Please explain how a utility guy like Infante is going to help win the game?

They instituted a re-entry rule so this guy can come in a play a position then return a play another if needed.

I'm telling you that Charlie is picking a team to win vs picking a team with the best stats. This Infante kid proves it.

They instituted a re-entry rule so this guy can come in a play a position then return a play another if needed.

I'm telling you that Charlie is picking a team to win vs picking a team with the best stats. This Infante kid proves it.

Why do they need Infante to play a position? If you're trying to win the game you take the best players available. Who in the world is Infante going to replace?

Why do they need Infante to play a position? If you're trying to win the game you take the best players available. Who in the world is Infante going to replace?

Ryan Howard and/or Adrian Gonzalez are going to PH for someone even if its BP or Reyes. Their bat is going to get in and if its a close game Charlie might not want to pull Albert.

I'd expect a few more changes especially at pitcher. They have a new rule this year that if an all-star pitches on Sunday he is ineligible. Speculation is that CC will pitch Sunday and Pettite might get his spot on the team.

Ryan Howard and/or Adrian Gonzalez are going to PH for someone even if its BP or Reyes. Their bat is going to get in and if its a close game Charlie might not want to pull Albert.

So you pinch hit Howard or Gonzales for BP or Reyes, and then put BP or Reyes back in the game. You'll never convince me that Infante is a good pick.

So you pinch hit Howard or Gonzales for BP or Reyes, and then put BP or Reyes back in the game. You'll never convince me that Infante is a good pick.

1. Good point.

2. I don't think he's a good pick.

Infante bats 379 with 2 outs and RISP. Infante has been clutch all season long, case in point, the walk off 2 run single against the Marlins yesterday I think. Infante can literally play all 7 positions in the field and play them well. He is the ultimately utility guy and Charlie Manuel loves him. Infante is a winning baseball player who has EXPERIENCE coming off the bench with the tying run on in the 9th with 2 outs after setting on his butt all game long. He has experience being a clutch pinch hitter. That's what Manuel sees in Infante and that's why he is on the team. He is trying to win the game.