Votto left off NL All Star Team

Infante bats 379 with 2 outs and RISP. Infante has been clutch all season long, case in point, the walk off 2 run single against the Marlins yesterday I think. Infante can literally play all 7 positions in the field and play them well. He is the ultimately utility guy and Charlie Manuel loves him. Infante is a winning baseball player who has EXPERIENCE coming off the bench with the tying run on in the 9th with 2 outs after setting on his butt all game long. He has experience being a clutch pinch hitter. That's what Manuel sees in Infante and that's why he is on the team. He is trying to win the game.

He's also "trying to win the game" by leaving off the most productive hitter in the league over the 1st half. Food for thought...

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Infante bats 379 with 2 outs and RISP. Infante has been clutch all season long, case in point, the walk off 2 run single against the Marlins yesterday I think. Infante can literally play all 7 positions in the field and play them well. He is the ultimately utility guy and Charlie Manuel loves him. Infante is a winning baseball player who has EXPERIENCE coming off the bench with the tying run on in the 9th with 2 outs after setting on his butt all game long. He has experience being a clutch pinch hitter. That's what Manuel sees in Infante and that's why he is on the team. He is trying to win the game.

You try to win the game by taking your best players. Infante couldn't carry Votto's jock.

And for the record Infante came to the plate as the tying run, and struck out in yesterday's game against the Marlins.

...If he was really trying to win the game and wanted Infante then Votto should be on the team instead of Howard. You're contradicting yourself

Good Lord I'm tired of entering the anti-spam #'s on the site when voting for Votto. It also appears that there is no limit. Voted last night until the battery ran down on the laptop.

I wondered if anybody else had the same thing happen. I was able to keep the link open and have already voted another 50 times this morning. I guess I'll keep it open and vote every chance I get until Thursday. So much for a 25 time limit.

I was assuming that there would be a 25 vote limit also. I knew I had to be close and just kept going. It almost got comical. My kids were laughing and goading me to keep voting. I had to go over 100.

I was assuming that there would be a 25 vote limit also. I knew I had to be close and just kept going. It almost got comical. My kids were laughing and goading me to keep voting. I had to go over 100.

Have you tried to go back in and vote again? I just left the link open and will vote until the voting ends if it lets me or until I get carpal tunnel I guess.

Have you tried to go back in and vote again? I just left the link open and will vote until the voting ends if it lets me or until I get carpal tunnel I guess.

Not yet. Probably give it a go at lunch.

He's also "trying to win the game" by leaving off the most productive hitter in the league over the 1st half. Food for thought...

I ge that, but Votto plays first base and only first base. Howard, Gonzalez, and Pujols ALS just play first base. If the game didn't matter, Infante would absolutely not be on this team. Manuel wanted some versatility from a player so he can mix it up and do some different things at the end of the ball game. Votto should be on the team...but not over Infante. It's an apples oranges thing.

You try to win the game by taking your best players. Infante couldn't carry Votto's jock.

And for the record Infante came to the plate as the tying run, and struck out in yesterday's game against the Marlins.

I am aware of that. For the record Votto struck out and made a complete fool of his self yesterday. And like I said earlier, you reds fans should have zero beef with Infante. It's Howard who I would be upset about.

...If he was really trying to win the game and wanted Infante then Votto should be on the team instead of Howard. You're contradicting yourself

I agree with you that Votto should be in over Howard, but that in no way makes me contradict myself. :lol:

Thom Brennaman is a homer for the Reds-after he was canned by the Cubs and left Arizona on his own. He would not be a broadcaster if not for his dad. Geez how many times do I have to hear "Here's Johnny" for Gomes.

I disagree with you you 1000% on this.

Funny he earned it and their other "great" announcer-Mr. Buck earned it too? Funny they both have dads who were broadcasters. That is a close knit fraternity. You think the Caray sons and grandsons are good too. How about the Albert brothers? Terrible, terrible, terrible.

Wow..somebody has some bitterness here. Do you think Marty is a good broadcaster?

Funny he earned it and their other "great" announcer-Mr. Buck earned it too? Funny they both have dads who were broadcasters. That is a close knit fraternity. You think the Caray sons and grandsons are good too. How about the Albert brothers? Terrible, terrible, terrible.

Does your remote have a mute button? Just sayin'