Votto left off NL All Star Team

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about this ommission?

Mat Latos, left off the All-Star roster, is first among NL starters in batting average against (.093) and tied for first in WHIP (0.96).

If the game didn't require a rep from each team he would be on instead of the Pirates rep.

McCutchen had better numbers than Meek.

That's fine if they played the same position. However, I'm guessing between the fan vote and the player vote that a)they still need a Buc and b)the team was better with them going with the pitcher.

That's fine if they played the same position. However, I'm guessing between the fan vote and the player vote that a)they still need a Buc and b)the team was better with them going with the pitcher.
So then why are we arguing Votto, using that logic?

Hypothetically speaking...if Votto (and the Reds) continued at this pace in the second half, I'm sure he would be given some serious MVP consideration. So, just curious...how often has an MVP ever NOT been an All-Star that same year?

I believe when Jimmy Rollins won it in 2007.

It's not about Howard, Gonzalez or Pujols making it over Votto. It's about a part time player making it over Votto.

Yes it is about The first baseman over Votto. It's like saying Arthur Rhodes should be replaced by Votto.

Yes it is about The first baseman over Votto. It's like saying Arthur Rhodes should be replaced by Votto.

NO IT ISN'T!!! It's about a part time player making it over Votto. Sorry, but you can't sit there and tell me what upset me the most about Votto not making the team. :rolleyes: