Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Votto left off NL All Star Team

Featured Replies

Let me say that I don't blame Charlie Manual. If my guy was really close and I earned the right to pick my subs by winning the league I'd go with my guy as well. It would have to be a big gap. He didn't pick the best player this year but I certainly "get" it.

  • Replies 119
  • Views 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is there anyone on here that thinks Votto does not deserve to be on the All Star team? If so let's hear why. If not go to the website and vote. Calling out Brennemann and postulating about Votto not being well liked is absurd. If you don't think he belongs, just say it.

 

Would love to hear that argument. Stats don't lie, he's earned it, and should be there. I just voted for him, and I hope all of my fellow BGP'ers will follow suit. If anyone doesn't think Votto belongs, then it's got to be personal.

If anyone doesn't think Votto belongs, then it's got to be personal.

 

Maybe Charlie Manual doesn't like Canucks.

I cast my vote. It's a real shame that Votto was left off. I know every year someone feels snubbed but this is the worst I can remember. I bet the .500 pitcher in Washington got more consideration than Votto.

Maybe Charlie Manual doesn't like Canucks.

 

I heard the interview with Manual today and quite honestly he sounds like he has alzheimers.

Is it ever okay to be critical of bad play or terrible behavior that hurts the team?

 

Janish went 4-4 today so I wouldn't say that Votto's behavior hurt the team at all...

Janish went 4-4 today so I wouldn't say that Votto's behavior hurt the team at all...

 

Paul really picked up Joey and the team today. However, there is no excuse for Votto's dumb antics. He COULD have cost them a ballgame today. Forunately, the team picked him up big time today.

I have a good feeling that Votto will make the roster. I expect Cincy fans will stuff the ballot box and hopefully some baseball loving fans in Canada will do the same.

  • Author
I cast my vote. It's a real shame that Votto was left off. I know every year someone feels snubbed but this is the worst I can remember. I bet the .500 pitcher in Washington got more consideration than Votto.

 

 

You can vote more than once.

  • Author
Let me say that I don't blame Charlie Manual. If my guy was really close and I earned the right to pick my subs by winning the league I'd go with my guy as well. It would have to be a big gap. He didn't pick the best player this year but I certainly "get" it.

 

 

I can understand that too, but how does Omar Infante, a part time player get on over Joey? That is insane. They had two SS in Reyes and Ramirez, and the NL will be using a DH for this year's game so having 4 1st baseman certainly wouldn't have been a problem.

I disagree. I do think it helped him get started but Fox isn't going to put him on the national games in baseball AND football just because of Pops. He's earned it.

 

Funny he earned it and their other "great" announcer-Mr. Buck earned it too? Funny they both have dads who were broadcasters. That is a close knit fraternity. You think the Caray sons and grandsons are good too. How about the Albert brothers? Terrible, terrible, terrible.

  • Author
Funny he earned it and their other "great" announcer-Mr. Buck earned it too? Funny they both have dads who were broadcasters. That is a close knit fraternity. You think the Caray sons and grandsons are good too. How about the Albert brothers? Terrible, terrible, terrible.

 

 

What kind of weight do you think Marty Brennaman carries with Fox? Thom is very good a broadcaster, as is Joe Buck.

Is there anyone on here that thinks Votto does not deserve to be on the All Star team? If so let's hear why. If not go to the website and vote. Calling out Brennemann and postulating about Votto not being well liked is absurd. If you don't think he belongs, just say it.

 

I think you are missing my point. I DO think he belongs, and don't you think it will be a BIGGER honor for him being voted on to the team this way???

 

He is not better than Pujols. Not in the first half of this year or at any other time-so he is not going to be the top vote getter. Manual has to take his guy Howard, and A. Gonzalez is one of the few Padres with a realistic expectation of going. So Joey got closed out. He will be in Anaheim, because of the fans vote, and that is a terrfic honor.

What's lost in the omission of Voto is the inclusion of Omar Infante. I mean are you kidding me? The guy has 1 homerun, 22 rbis, scored 23 runs, and doesn't have enough plate apperances to qualify for a batting title. He can't start for his own team yet Manual selected him as an allstar. I'm serious Manual obviously is losing it.

What's lost in the omission of Voto is the inclusion of Omar Infante. I mean are you kidding me? The guy has 1 homerun, 22 rbis, scored 23 runs, and doesn't have enough plate apperances to qualify for a batting title. He can't start for his own team yet Manual selected him as an allstar. I'm serious Manual obviously is losing it.

 

If he is losing it-I hope Dusty loses it too after winning one World Series and then losing in the Fall Classic the next year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.