A Stupid Idea?

I understand your passion and feelings, but you do realize that this is a ridiculous comparison, right? That's like saying that we shouldn't put a Christian church next to a former abortion clinic where a doctor was shot by a "Christian."

How do you know the one that shot the doctor was a "Christian", because he said he was? We will ALL be judged some day and it won't be by us.

There are thousands of "professed" religions around the world, who's to judge witch is legit? I choose Christianity (maybe God chose me) and I'm ready to take my chances on judgement day, although I'm sure it won't be pretty...I'll have a lot to answer for. Who's to say that the shooters at Columbine hadn't formed what they considered a "religion" to represent while killing those students? After all, there are thousands that we as Americans have no other choice but to accept, right? Where do we draw the line on what we deem to be a "religion" in this country? In some ways Plato's comparison may not be so ridiculous.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say about me what you like, but I think the families are wrong in being against it. If a crazy Jewish man killed someone in my family, I wouldn't oppose a Jewish family moving in next door to me 10 years later.
Why would I say anything about you? You're entitled to your opinion.

The problem in your description is you're talking about one man of Jewish faith. There is no short supply of radical Muslims and they are the most hateful group of people I've seen. I realize many, many of them are good people but sadly there are too many of the bad ones that have given a black eye to the religion in many peoples view.

What about the mosque at The Temple Mount in Jerusalem? Why was the mosque built there? Was spite one of the reasons? Is it considered a "trophy" by the muslim faith? Does the cemetery for suicide bombers at the gate entrance have any significance to muslims? What about the muslim office on the inside of the gate to The Temple Mount, the one that holds the money given to suicide bombers and the such, any significance? I don't know the facts, just wondering.

Why would I say anything about you? You're entitled to your opinion.

The problem in your description is you're talking about one man of Jewish faith. There is no short supply of radical Muslims and they are the most hateful group of people I've seen. I realize many, many of them are good people but sadly there are too many of the bad ones that have given a black eye to the religion in many peoples view.

:thumb: They tell me all pit bulls aren't vicious crazed animals, but if I see one walking around on the street, I'm not going to take my chances to pet it.

What about the mosque at The Temple Mount in Jerusalem? Why was the mosque built there? Was spite one of the reasons? Is it considered a "trophy" by the muslim faith? Does the cemetery for suicide bombers at the gate entrance have any significance to muslims? What about the muslim office on the inside of the gate to The Temple Mount, the one that holds the money given to suicide bombers and the such, any significance? I don't know the facts, just wondering.

Because those people are sick twisted maniacs. Plain and simple.

Here is what the main security guy for 0bama (John Brennan) says:

"Jihad is a holy struggle, legitimate tennet of Islam. It means to purify ones self or ones community."

So Jihad is legitimate??

Well John, how do you think they "purify ones community"? They tried 767s for that task in NYC.

Edited by Bluegrasscard
Fix vid

If I'm not mistaken Islam considers that to be the hill where Abraham tried to sacrifice Ishmael. (Their interpretation)

No I don't. I'm not of the belief that if you aren't a Christian you can't be saved. Who's to say our religion is the "right" one? I believe the way you live your life plays a much bigger role in a person's salvation than most do.

Uh....are you sure you are a Christian?

Congratulations! I'm sure you'll do well with your new found career in mind reading. Must be nice to have such a wonderful gift like that. :rolleyes:

You don't have to be able to read minds to realize that those that oppose this are no better than the bums on the streets that hate blacks, mexicans, etc.....

Timothy McVeigh was a Christian was he not?

I guess there should be no churchs in Oklahoma City then....

What an absolutely ignorant view....Sad thing is, there are actually people out there that believe this garbage.

Don't think the two are comparable as I don't remember McVeigh's faith being a large contributing factor in his actions. I'm also not sure that there is a faction of Christianity that is engaged in a Holy War against another culture.