A Stupid Idea?

I never said it was a good idea, but they have every right to do so.

The fact is, this is pure and simple religious discrimination, but I shouldn't have expected anything different from the Christian faith....

Bad form sir. Don't condemn an entire faith because of the stupidty of a small few.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but after 5 minutes of Googling seems your sweeping statements about him aren't based on much.

Well then by all means support him. I can see no matter what I'm not going to change you're mind. So i'm not going out of my way to prove that a man who is acting like a man of peace isn't any better than the men who attacked us on 9/11. After all, according to him, we had it coming and its our own fault.

Edited by threetimelover
Rule 13

One gentleman opposing the mosque said that he felt it was a slap in the face of the families. .

Or maybe he feels its a slap in the face due to the fact that Muslim radicals have a history in which they build martyr markers honoring their victories and the ones that sacrificed their lives "in the name of Allah".

Edited by threetimelover
Rule 13

Nice. You single-handedly gave the best defense as to why the mosque should be allowed.

I think that bowl in your picture has a more solid substance in it than your head....

Edited by threetimelover

Well then by all means support him. I can see no matter what I'm not going to change you're mind. So i'm not going out of my way to prove that a man who is acting like a man of peace isn't any better than the men who attacked us on 9/11. After all, according to him, we had it coming and its our own fault.

Actually, that is not what he said, but if you want to take that elementary interpretation of it, go ahead.

No, I'm asking you to change my mind. You change people's minds with facts, evidence and examples. You've provided none of those. All you've given me is your broad generalizations of what you personally think about him. Give me quotes (in context) where he advocates terrorism, applauded 9/11 or wants America to be under the rule of Islam. In return I'll forgive your comments about my intelligence.

Actually, that is not what he said, but if you want to take that elementary interpretation of it, go ahead.

In a 60 Minutes interview that aired on September 30, 2001, Rauf said that the 9/11 attacks were part of a larger Islamic “reaction against the U.S. government politically, where we [the U.S.] espouse principles of democracy and human rights, and [yet] where we ally ourselves with oppressive regimes in many of these countries.” "I wouldn't say that the United States deserved what happened," Rauf elaborated, "but United States policies were an accessory to the crime that happened." Rauf further stated that “because we [Americans] have been accessory to a lot of innocent lives dying in the world,” it could be said that “n fact, in the most direct sense, Osama bin Laden is made in the USA.”

what does that sound like???

In a 60 Minutes interview that aired on September 30, 2001, Rauf said that the 9/11 attacks were part of a larger Islamic “reaction against the U.S. government politically, where we [the U.S.] espouse principles of democracy and human rights, and [yet] where we ally ourselves with oppressive regimes in many of these countries.” "I wouldn't say that the United States deserved what happened," Rauf elaborated, "but United States policies were an accessory to the crime that happened." Rauf further stated that “because we [Americans] have been accessory to a lot of innocent lives dying in the world,” it could be said that “n fact, in the most direct sense, Osama bin Laden is made in the USA.”

what does that sound like???

The first bolded statement smacks of some truth ... the reason many in the Middle East hate us is because of some of the things our government has done in that part of the world.

The first bolded statement smacks of some truth ... the reason many in the Middle East hate us is because of some of the things our government has done in that part of the world.

yes they hate us because we don't input sharia law in our government, instead we actually educate our women...they hated us for our presence in saudi arabia, and they despise us for our support for Israel, the only stable democracy democracy in the middle east,

as i recall, i believe when osama bin laden started the organization Maktab al-Khidamat (MAK) he was funded significantly by us. yes. it was extremely harsh of us to help them fight off the soviets.

Edited by marvel