A Stupid Idea?

You don't have to be able to read minds to realize that those that oppose this are no better than the bums on the streets that hate blacks, mexicans, etc.....
I oppose it because the victims families are bothered by it. So, in your mind, that makes me a bigot? You're calling everyone in this thread a bigot because they think it's a bad idea, and of course in your mind it has to be because they hate Muslims. Wow, and you were labeling others as "holier than thou". I'm sorry, But I don't view them as the ones with an attitude of superior virtue.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think the two are comparable as I don't remember McVeigh's faith being a large contributing factor in his actions. I'm also not sure that there is a faction of Christianity that is engaged in a Holy War against another culture.
Exactly! That was a rather poor comparison, one nut job vs. a large group of people resolute on annihilation of those they oppose for religous reasons.

How do you feel about it personally? Do you want to see a mosque at Ground Zero?
I posted earlier that I don't live in New York and didn't lose anyone in the 9/11 attack, so it really makes no difference to me personally. I just fully understand how those people feel.

I posted earlier that I don't live in New York and didn't lose anyone in the 9/11 attack, so it really makes no difference to me personally. I just fully understand how those people feel.

Then you think it's possible that the families shouldn't get the final say in the matter?

Then you think it's possible that the families shouldn't get the final say in the matter?
I don't know, perhaps. This is just such a sensitive situation for many.

In something as controversial as this, maybe the best way to handle it is to put it to a vote for the people of New York.

Timothy McVeigh was a Christian was he not?

I guess there should be no churchs in Oklahoma City then....

What an absolutely ignorant view....Sad thing is, there are actually people out there that believe this garbage.

He may have proclaimed to be a Christian but if he was truly saved he wouldn't have done that.

They believe they are the ones that are "true" Muslims and there are likely millions of them.

Didn't the folks in Waco believe they were the "one true" Christians? And your second statement is purely your personal opinion. Despite your assertions to the contrary, its pretty obvious where you stand...

Didn't the folks in Waco believe they were the "one true" Christians? And your second statement is purely your personal opinion. Despite your assertions to the contrary, its pretty obvious where you stand...
:lol: Did the folks in Waco fly airplanes into buildings killing innocent people? What was it they did to anyone again?

There are between 1.2 and 1.5 billion Muslims in the world, how many of them do you think are radical? A few hundred? A few thousand? Maybe a few million? Since you're the expert, you tell me.

Despite your myopic perspective of me, I really don't personally care if they build it there, I do understand why those closer to it have a problem with it.

Your opinion of me is pretty meaningless to be honest with you since you've never met me and know zero about me.

:lol: Did the folks in Waco fly airplanes into buildings killing innocent people? What was it they did to anyone again?

There are between 1.2 and 1.5 billion Muslims in the world, how many of them do you think are radical? A few hundred? A few thousand? Maybe a few million? Since you're the expert, you tell me.

Despite your myopic perspective of me, I really don't personally care if they build it there, I do understand why those closer to it have a problem with it.

Your opinion of me is pretty meaningless to be honest with you since you've never met me and know zero about me.

If I remember correctly several FBI agents were killed in the siege. Granted, it wasn't the thousands on 9/11, but I'm sure those families remember it well. But that's not really the point. The point is that every religion has its wackos and to stereotype a whole religion based on the actions of a few is pretty irresponsible.

You continue to say "I don't care", but continue to give the reasons why it shouldn't be put there.

If I remember correctly several FBI agents were killed in the siege. Granted, it wasn't the thousands on 9/11, but I'm sure those families remember it well. But that's not really the point. The point is that every religion has its wackos and to stereotype a whole religion based on the actions of a few is pretty irresponsible.

You continue to say "I don't care", but continue to give the reasons why it shouldn't be put there.

The ATF and FBI were way off on that one, so who's to blame for the agents killed is questionable at best. Again, not comparable at all to Muslim extremists.

A few? Once again I ask you how many fundamental extremists do you think are of that religion? Tell me another religion that has as many violent extremists as does the Muslim faith in this day and age. Like I said, most of them are good people, but they have a real problem in extremists that doesn't appear to be going away anytime soon.

Do you always try to psychoanalyze everyone, or just me? I could give a rat's patootie what you think you know about me, you know nothing about me so save your Monday morning armature psychotherapy for someone you know something about or someone that might fall for that garbage.

The ATF and FBI were way off on that one, so who's to blame for the agents killed is questionable at best. Again, not comparable at all to Muslim extremists.

A few? Once again I ask you how many fundamental extremists do you think are of that religion? Tell me another religion that has as many violent extremists as does the Muslim faith in this day and age. Like I said, most of them are good people, but they have a real problem in extremists that doesn't appear to be going away anytime soon.

Do you always try to psychoanalyze everyone, or just me? I could give a rat's patootie what you think you know about me, you know nothing about me so save your Monday morning armature psychotherapy for someone you know something about or someone that might fall for that garbage.

Whoa man, not trying to psychoanalyze anyone. I wouldn't even know how to go about doing that. And if I did, I'm much more of a Wednesday late-morning amateur psychotherapy kind of guy. And while I can't read tone or inflection on here, I just get the sense that you really do care if there is a mosque built.

Whoa man, not trying to psychoanalyze anyone. I wouldn't even know how to go about doing that. And if I did, I'm much more of a Wednesday late-morning amateur psychotherapy kind of guy. And while I can't read tone or inflection on here, I just get the sense that you really do care if there is a mosque built.
Could have fooled me, sure seems like you're trying to. Your sense is off, might want to get that looked at. :D