• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bottom of 7th

5-0 Reds

Going to the 8th

5-0

Bailey at 70 pitches

Pretty dominate performance by the reds pitching staff this series. I hope that is a sign of things to come. Us Reds fans have been waiting for a long time for something like this from Homer Bailey.

Pretty dominate performance by the reds pitching staff this series. I hope that is a sign of things to come. Us Reds fans have been waiting for a long time for something like this from Homer Bailey.

Yeah, Bailey's ERA was over 7 to start this game. It now sits at 5.95.

It was mentioned on the broadcast that the same time last year the Reds were 20-14 and then 26-20 before things went askew. So I hope they can keep it going this weekend.

Going to the 9th

5-0 Reds

Bailey with 80 pitches, 65 for strikes

Last of the 9th...

5-0 and here is the stat that was posted before the game

Bailey is 4-0 with a 2.13 ERA against the Pirates, compared with a 8-15 record and 6.15 ERA versus all other opponents in his career.

4 hit CGS on 90 pitches for Homer...

I just wonder if "The Cowboy" had a chance to talk with Mr. Pryce. He stated his dissatisfaction over the air last week with Bailey and others nitpicking around the plate instead of pounding the strikezone with fastballs. He said the obvious that all it did was run up the pitch count and tax the bullpen. The last 5 outings have looked like this for the starters after the Bailey implosion against the Cubs last Friday night.

Harang 7 IP 2 ER 1 BB

Leake 6 2/3 IP 3 ER 1 BB

Arroyo 7 IP 1 ER 1 BB

Cueto 9 IP 0 ER 0 BB

Bailey 9 IP 0 ER 0 BB

That's 38 2/3 IP 6 ER 3 BB