Track the Reds (Week 6)

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Dusty's best move was sticking w/ Harang. If I'm not mistaken every starter has had an extra day of rest twice in the last couple weeks. It should help the arms later in the year. A lot of people, me included, thought Harang should have gone to the pen for a couple weeks.

I think Dusty's best move was sticking w/ Harang. If I'm not mistaken every starter has had an extra day of rest twice in the last couple weeks. It should help the arms later in the year. A lot of people, me included, thought Harang should have gone to the pen for a couple weeks.

I didn't know what to do with Harang, but I wouldn't have liked it if we moved him to the pen. With the Reds payroll, you can't have a guy making that much money as a long reliever.

It seems that the pitching staff has gotten more aggressive & has realized that you can rely on a fastball to get guys out. We'll see if the "new" approach works this weekend against the Cards...

Does anyone know the Reds record v. the Cards this year?

It's almost as if John Fay read my posts. :lol:

Joey Votto appreciated the premise but he’s not going to buy in.

It was mentioned that the Reds are coming into the three-game series with the St. Louis Cardinals in good shape – winners of five straight, just a game back of the NL Central leaders.

“I get what you’re saying,” Votto said. “But I’m not going to get into the whole position thing just 34 games deep into the season.

“We’re looking forward to playing at home against the Cardinals, considering that they won the last series. We go home with momentum.”

That’s probably the right attitude to take. He’s correct in not putting too much significance in a mid-May series.

But it would do the Reds good to win the series against the Cardinals — not because it would put them in at least a tie for first place, but because it would give them confidence against the one club that’s handle them well this year.

Consider:

–The Reds are 0-2 in two series with Cardinals. They are 4-2-1 in series against everyone else.

–The Reds are 2-4 against the Cardinals and 17-11 against everyone else.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/2010/05/13/votto-on-the-st-louis-series/

Jaime Garcia (3-2, 1.18 ERA) v. Aaron Harang (2-4, 6.02 ERA)

Adam Wainwright (5-1, 2.08 ERA) v. Mike Leake (3-0, 3.10 ERA)

Brad Penny (3-3, 1.70 ERA) v. Bronson Arroyo (2-2, 5.36 ERA).

Is there a pitching staff in the major leagues that has enjoyed the same type of success as the Cards this season?

Jaime Garcia (3-2, 1.18 ERA) v. Aaron Harang (2-4, 6.02 ERA)

Adam Wainwright (5-1, 2.08 ERA) v. Mike Leake (3-0, 3.10 ERA)

Brad Penny (3-3, 1.70 ERA) v. Bronson Arroyo (2-2, 5.36 ERA).

Is there a pitching staff in the major leagues that has enjoyed the same type of success as the Cards this season?

Well seeing how the Padres lead the NL in ERA, I would say they have. :D

STL. 20-15 _

CIN. 19-15 .5

Thanks Houston!

The series this weekend will tell us a lot about the Reds. I don't buy into the whole "it's mid-May" idea last time I checked this game means as much now as any other game. This is the class of the NL over the last decade coming into your house, and you have a chance to down them and take over first.

I say get excited, get pumped. This is going to tell a lot about what type of team the Reds are this year. You know St. Louis would be pumped about a series like this.

By the way if these games don't sell out that's pathetic.