Track the Reds (Week 6)

If Masset runs out there another inning, does that make him unavailable for today's game?

He has pitched the last two games I believe. My guess is he couold go again if needed. I don't think like Dusty...

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leake moves to 4-0 and is impressive once again. Big crowd and a lot of hoopla for this game and he just goes out and does his thing. Gotta be leader for ROY right now.

I love Leake but I'm guessing Jason Heyward will be getting this award. He is on pace for .287BA .411OBP and .995 OPS 30 doubles,40 home runs and 140 rbi's. I'd love to see Leake wind up about 15-5 with an ERA around 3

I love Leake but I'm guessing Jason Heyward will be getting this award. He is on pace for .287BA .411OBP and .995 OPS 30 doubles,40 home runs and 140 rbi's. I'd love to see Leake wind up about 15-5 with an ERA around 3

That's true how did I forget about him. I would imagine his numbers will cool off a little as the year goes on but Leake probably would as well. It's just a matter of who cools off less. Leake could easily have 2 more wins as well just didn't get any run support. The Reds are 6-1 in games that he pitches.

Dusty also said after the game that Nix is only available in "dire emergency" situations due to back spasms. I take back my criticism of batting Hernandez Friday night.

I don't, it was still a stupid move sending Hernandez up there in that situation. Hernandez was 3-21 in his career against Franklin, and is a prime double play candidate. If Nix was unavailable he should have had Heisey pinch hit instead of using him as a pinch runner for Hanigan, and he should have let Leake or Arroyo do the pinch running for Hanigan.

Thoughts so far:

-2nd game in a row where we have a man on 3rd with one out and pop up to the infield. :confused: Just ground the ball to the right side.

-Jay Bruce is seeing the ball great right now. As is Gomes.

-Stubbs will be a good player in the future and is coming up big right now. Pressure was obviously a reason he was struggling at the top of the lineup. He's thriving batting towards the end. Not to mention he's probably seeing some better pitches.

-The Cards surely know how to pitch to Votto. He's struggling this series.

-Cabrera is doing a good job in the lead off spot recently.

Cards walk Hanigan to load the bases and get to Arroyo and he makes them pay for it. Reds up 7-1 after a hit by Cabrera.

By the way, Gomes is quickly becoming one of my favorite guys on this team. Besides the recent clip in production, he's always enthusiastic and acts like he's out there to win. We could use more of that.