Students sent home for inappropriate t-shirts

In all seriousness... I could understand a potential conflict by kids wearing French flags on Cinco de Mayo... (it was the French the Mexicans defeated on May 5 way back when that started the holiday.) But American flags??? I don't get it at all. :idunno:

You are aware of American students' lack of history knowledge,correct?:D

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This country is going down the tube faster than many want to believe because of incidents like this. Makes me mad everytime I go to lowes and see every sign in the place with spanish on them.

Then don't go to Lowe's. Its that simple.

Apparently, you are not permitted to wear an American flag t-shirt or bandana, .... on Cinco De Mayo. Any other day it is okay, but not that day.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36981179?GT1=43001

I really don't believe that a Mexican-American would be sent home for wearing a Mexican flag shirt on July 4th if they were in school. I don't know what to say. I wasn't aware that it was an American holiday.

I also wonder if it would be offensive to wear a Union Jack on July 4th?

as far as I'm concerned any tee shirt is inappropiate for school wear .

Got no problem with this policy. It needs to be expanded!!!:rolleyes:

Every kid going to UK wearing a UL other other school's hat or t-shirt would be forced to take it off or go home. This would go the other way around on the UL campus. BTW I HATE seeing EKU stuff on WKU campus and WKU stuff on EKU campus.

Someone comes to a Reds game wearing a Cubs jersey...that really offends me...take it off or go home!

No John McCain shirts on Presidents day either!

No NBA, MBL or College apparel can be worn on Super Sunday!

No USA or Red, White and Blue on 5 of May? Fine no Mexican Red, White and Green the other 364 days a year or 365 on leap year.

Unfortunately this type of behavior is getting more and more common in our high schools. Every group is uber sensative now and is offended by everything. School boards go over board protecting the rights of every group...oh except for Christians at school. FCA and other Christian groups are barred in some schools from being a part of the schools "Official" clubs but GSA (Gay, Straight Alliance) is fine and dandy.

As I read on AJG's Avatar, "Where are we going and why am I in this hen basket?"

This one isn't. If you come into my classroom, you will see a photo of my father in his Army uniform directly beside my American flag (along with a photo of my uncle, who is not hispanic and served in the US Navy in Korea) with a sign that reads "Two of my reasons for saying the Pledge of Allegience."

The most emotional moment in my life occurred about five years ago, when my father gave me the American flag that he had saved from his last tour of duty in Vietnam. It was special to me, moreso because I am not his oldest child or even a son. Or maybe it was the summer that Dad and I dug a 30 ft long trench to bury wire to have a light on an American flag on my flagpole at my new house. Or maybe it's every year when I spend Independence Day with my dad and watch him reverently run his flag up his flag pole. Regardless, this AMERICAN with Mexican heritage cannot think of a more beautiful sight than Old Glory blowing freely in the wind.

:thumb: Excellent post.

amplified-vintage-men-kiss-us-flag-t-shirt-from-amplified.jpg

This would be a good shirt for those kids to wear...Someone call Gene Simmons he is unashamedly Pro-America and professes his love for America when ever he gets a chance...I bet he would send one to every kifd in that school.

amplified-vintage-men-kiss-us-flag-t-shirt-from-amplified.jpg

This would be a good shirt for those kids to wear...Someone call Gene Simmons he is unashamedly Pro-America and professes his love for America when ever he gets a chance...I bet he would send one to every kifd in that school.

I'm a big Gene Simmons fan...and he certainly is very patriotic (though some on here might question how American he is, if they knew his real name.) I bet he WOULD send shirts to those kids.

I'm a big Gene Simmons fan...and he certainly is very patriotic (though some on here might question how American he is, if they knew his real name.) I bet he WOULD send shirts to those kids.

He was not born in America, but moved here as a child with his mother. While he is liberal on most social issues (gay rights, abortion, etc), .... you will be hard pressed to find someone who loves this country more than he does. He has done numerous tours and benefits for the troops, gone overseas to visit them, etc. I agree. I bet he would send as many shirts as those kids wanted.

He was not born in America, but moved here as a child with his mother. While he is liberal on most social issues (gay rights, abortion, etc), .... you will be hard pressed to find someone who loves this country more than he does. He has done numerous tours and benefits for the troops, gone overseas to visit them, etc. I agree. I bet he would send as many shirts as those kids wanted.

I, too, am well aware of Simmon's patriotism.

However, the middle part of your post makes it sound like a patriotic liberal is an exception to the norm, which concerns me. If that was not your contention, I apologize.

That is the biggest crock of bull I've ever heard. :puke:

If you heard my father's name, I'm sure that you'd say the same thing. Yet, he served two tours of duty in the US Army before and during Vietnam. Don't you dare tell me he's not 100% American. :rolleyes:

And they say that profiling won't affect legal citizens. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I salute your father. I am sure he is a great man. I also bet he is ashamed of what America has become since then too.

If the assistant Principal had said nothing then nothing would have happened.