Students sent home for inappropriate t-shirts

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

An emo band is a bunch of liberals who act like teenagers and they cry and moan when something doesn't go their way or if something in the world happens they has no effect on their life whatsoever, they cry buckets of emo tears anyway sit in a dark room and cut themselves. And yes they do play a little music, but it's very painful to listen to.

We like to refer to those bands as "Kill Myself" or "Cut Myself" music....and I agree, it's something terribly awful to listen to.

Also, does anyone know where I can get one of those "Can I see your papers?" shirts? I'm going to be in Vegas this summer, and that would be a nice thing to wear on the Strip....:D

Go ahead, but you might want to check your food and drink for saliva or other body fluids. Enjoy your drink.

Here's the typical TA trying to turn everything into a liberal/conservative issue. :rolleyes: People need to grow up, regardless of their beliefs.

Didn't you yourself say you'd be offended if someone did something with the intent to offend you? :idunno:

You would be amazed at how hard it is to offend me. If I were easily offended there is no way I could read all of the stereotypes about liberals on this board. Instead I find the sheer silliness of it a source of daily amusement.

My guess is that Americans of Mexican heritage are offended by a wide range of things, as are Americans of every other heritage. If they are like most people, and I suspect they are, I would expect them to be offended by anything that was done with the intent to offend them. It is the intent to offend that is the offensive part. If I were them, I'd be offended by a bunch of yahoos making the assumption that an American flag would offend me. The coordinated attire was intended to offend. I would support their right to be offensive, but make no mistake. They were trying to offend.

So if one wears an American flag on Cinco De Mayo, or any other Mexican Holiday they are wearing the American flag to offend? Hmmm.

An emo band is a bunch of liberals who act like teenagers and they cry and moan when something doesn't go their way or if something in the world happens they has no effect on their life whatsoever, they cry buckets of emo tears anyway sit in a dark room and cut themselves. And yes they do play a little music, but it's very painful to listen to.

wow. There's a lot of pent-up stuff in this post.

America is to politicaly correct. When we re told it is wrong for us to not support gay marriage or to let illegals come and go then we have lost our rights. I do not like people trying to make me believe in what I dont believe in. I believe we can wear an American Flag any day or time. When they took the Bible out of school it all went downhill.

This should not have been a controversy to start with. The school should have not been involved with a Cinco celebration to start with. The predominate heritage of the Cincy/Northern KY region is German. Can you image the regions' schools helping with an October Fest celebration?

This is a reason I do not liberals and their beliefs, trash the country and its flag, but stand up for a celebration that is not American or even Mexico's official Independence Day. That is in September when they threw off Spanish rule. This is a celebration of a military victory. Think of the howl from liberals if we try to celebrate our militaries accomplishments. They would cry over how militaristic we have been, being a superpower and all.

I wonder if people of Irish ancestry would be offended if Americans wore an American flag shirt to school instead of green. I wonder if the Liberal emo punks would make a huge deal about this too. I imagine band-aid stock would rise tremendously from all the cutting that would go on in opposition to this outrage.

So if one wears an American flag on Cinco De Mayo, or any other Mexican Holiday they are wearing the American flag to offend? Hmmm.

Not at all. Your rather rash and unwarranted conclusion represents a logical fallacy. (Wearing the flag on that day in that place was an attempt to offend, threfore all wearing of the flag on that day was an attempt to offend.)

While I fully believe that the boys were making a statement I have no problem with it as long as it doesn't violate the school's dress code. Equally, I'm cool with the Latinos rocking Mexico's colors any day of the year they want.

The person that made the decision to send the boys home has to be re-evaluted to determine if he has the ability to make proper decisions.

:thumb:

My sentiments exactly!!!

Not at all. Your rather rash and unwarranted conclusion represents a logical fallacy. (Wearing the flag on that day in that place was an attempt to offend, threfore all wearing of the flag on that day was an attempt to offend.)

I know....I'm going to go to Mexico on July 4th and wear a Mexican flag shirt. That'll show em!!!!