Students sent home for inappropriate t-shirts

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What about their rights to express themselves? What if said "enforce our borders?"
Because it's school. Wearing red, white and blue in school in America isn't offensive and certainly shouldn't be taken as such. The two "slogans" you mentioned certainly can be viewed as offensive and has no place in school.

Because it's school. Wearing red, white and blue in school in America isn't offensive and certainly shouldn't be taken as such. The two "slogans" you mentioned certainly can be viewed as offensive and has no place in school.

We agree completely. A school has the right to disallow anything that can cause problems. The wearing of a shirt stating nothing but the country's name or flag doesn't fall under the problem category.

We agree completely. A school has the right to disallow anything that can cause problems. The wearing of a shirt stating nothing but the country's name or flag doesn't fall under the problem category.

Where do we end it? Where do we start it? Can they not wear "support our troops" shirts?

My guess is it was the first time these 5 boys wore these shirts. If they had been worn before I have a serious issue. I think they should have been fine w/ what they had on, but my guess is it was a statement shirt. Saying the same thing as protect our border. I'd love to hear the other side of this story. Did the shirts almost cause a big fight or two?

I can't find the principal's name in the linked article. What is it?

It was the assistant principal who had the initial problem.

From what I have read the District Office did not see eye-to-eye with the High School Admin and the kids were allowed to be at school today.

They would do well to start by disallowing hypersensitive feelings... especially the irrational ones.

Hey, but it was a Mexican holiday. Forget about the fact they were celebrating it in America. Seriously, how much sense does that make?

Here is the Assistant Principals last name.

The five teens were sitting at a table outside Live Oak High School in Morgan Hill, Calif., on Wednesday morning when Assistant Principal Miguel Rodriguez asked two of them to remove their American flag bandannas, one of their parents told FoxNews.com. The boys complied, but were asked to accompany Rodriguez to the principal's office.

Seems he is not 100% American. IMO

Here is the Assistant Principals last name.

The five teens were sitting at a table outside Live Oak High School in Morgan Hill, Calif., on Wednesday morning when Assistant Principal Miguel Rodriguez asked two of them to remove their American flag bandannas, one of their parents told FoxNews.com. The boys complied, but were asked to accompany Rodriguez to the principal's office.

Seems he is not 100% American. IMO

You are aware that one needs not be caucasian to be 100% American right? :ohbrother: