Students sent home for inappropriate t-shirts

Black Americans already are in the minority. :idunno: There are more Hispanic Americans than African Americans, or were you referring to illegal immigrants?

I know blacks are in the minority but was saying whites and blacks together as a group. As for illegals or citizens we can't ask them if they are illegal so I guess they would be grouped together also.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My guess is that Americans of Mexican heritage are offended by a wide range of things, as are Americans of every other heritage. If they are like most people, and I suspect they are, I would expect them to be offended by anything that was done with the intent to offend them. It is the intent to offend that is the offensive part. If I were them, I'd be offended by a bunch of yahoos making the assumption that an American flag would offend me. The coordinated attire was intended to offend. I would support their right to be offensive, but make no mistake. They were trying to offend.

That's one of the biggest problems in our country today. Way too many people are so pathetic they get offended by almost anything they don't agree with. People need to grow up, realize life isn't always fair or all happy go lucky, and get over it. The sensitivity in this country by so many is absolutely disgusting.

Makes me mad everytime I go to lowes and see every sign in the place with spanish on them.

There is no official language in the United States.

As for signs in Spanish at Lowe's, there have been "foreign" languages spoken in the U.S. since the beginning of our history. As long as the U.S. is a nation of immigrants (John Kennedy, 1958) there will be other languages spoken. The following is from a Wikipedia article on media in New York City:

--

The city's ethnic press is large and diverse. Major ethnic publications include the Brooklyn-Queens Catholic paper The Tablet and Jewish-American newspaper The Forward (פֿאָרװערטס; Forverts), published in Yiddish and English, and the African-American newspaper The New York Amsterdam News. The Epoch Times, an international newspaper published by the Falun Gong, has English and Chinese editions in New York. There are seven dailies published in Chinese and four in Spanish. Multiple daily papers are published in Greek, Polish, and Korean, and weekly newspapers serve dozens of different ethnic communities, with ten separate newspapers focusing on the African-American community alone.[11] Many nationally-distributed ethnic newspapers are based out of offices in Astoria, Chinatown or Brooklyn. Over 60 ethnic groups, writing in 42 languages, publish some 300 non-English language magazines and newspapers in New York City.

--

The issue is that most of us have grown up in an immigration secluded area and are now experiencing to a degree the same thing that has happened for close to 400 years in what we now call the United States. I'm not sure it's a bad thing - once again, so long as everyone is legal.

My guess is that Americans of Mexican heritage are offended by a wide range of things, as are Americans of every other heritage. If they are like most people, and I suspect they are, I would expect them to be offended by anything that was done with the intent to offend them. It is the intent to offend that is the offensive part. If I were them, I'd be offended by a bunch of yahoos making the assumption that an American flag would offend me. The coordinated attire was intended to offend. I would support their right to be offensive, but make no mistake. They were trying to offend.

I didn't realize you were there, I'm sorry.

I know blacks are in the minority but was saying whites and blacks together as a group. As for illegals or citizens we can't ask them if they are illegal so I guess they would be grouped together also.

So you want to group whites and blacks together and leave out every other ethnic group in the United States?

That's one of the biggest problems in our country today. Way too many people are so pathetic they get offended by almost anything they don't agree with. People need to grow up, realize life isn't always fair or all happy go lucky, and get over it. The sensitivity in this country by so many is absolutely disgusting.

There seems to be a rapidly growing group of people that are very easily offended by anyhing done by liberals, hispanics, African Americans, immigrants etc. They really are pathetic and need to grow up and get over it.:thumb:

There seems to be a rapidly growing group of people that are very easily offended by anyhing done by liberals, hispanics, African Americans, immigrants etc. They really are pathetic and need to grow up and get over it.:thumb:

It's a good thing liberals never get upset about the Republicans oppressing them. We have enough emo bands out there.

I wasn't. Didn't say I was. I doubt anyone else on this board was either.

Then how do you know they were trying to offend. Maybe they were trying to show the unity and blending of two cultures and were showing that as a sign that they too appreciate May 5th.

It's a good thing liberals never get upset about the Republicans oppressing them. We have enough emo bands out there.

Maybe you'll go way off topic and tell me what the heck an emo band is. If it was recorded much after the 60's there is a good chance I won't have a clue what you are talking about.

Maybe you'll go way off topic and tell me what the heck an emo band is. If it was recorded much after the 60's there is a good chance I won't have a clue what you are talking about.

An emo band is a bunch of liberals who act like teenagers and they cry and moan when something doesn't go their way or if something in the world happens they has no effect on their life whatsoever, they cry buckets of emo tears anyway sit in a dark room and cut themselves. And yes they do play a little music, but it's very painful to listen to.

Here's the typical TA trying to turn everything into a liberal/conservative issue. :rolleyes: People need to grow up, regardless of their beliefs.

Didn't you yourself say you'd be offended if someone did something with the intent to offend you? :idunno:

Here's the typical TA trying to turn everything into a liberal/conservative issue. :rolleyes: People need to grow up, regardless of their beliefs.

Didn't you yourself say you'd be offended if someone did something with the intent to offend you? :idunno:

It's okay if liberals get offended though, they're being oppressed by Republicans. Somehow there's a difference.