Students sent home for inappropriate t-shirts

Not at all. Your rather rash and unwarranted conclusion represents a logical fallacy. (Wearing the flag on that day in that place was an attempt to offend, threfore all wearing of the flag on that day was an attempt to offend.)

Maybe they wanted to show that we should be Americans first. Now there something to be offended about. There is nothing wrong with an American celebrating their heritage, but do not make it their first concern. If it is their first concern then they should pack their bags and go back to the homeland of their ancestors. I'm of German heritage, other than the family history, I could care less of my German heritage, because I'm an American.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This should not have been a controversy to start with. The school should have not been involved with a Cinco celebration to start with. The predominate heritage of the Cincy/Northern KY region is German. Can you image the regions' schools helping with an October Fest celebration?

This is a reason I do not liberals and their beliefs, trash the country and its flag, but stand up for a celebration that is not American or even Mexico's official Independence Day. That is in September when they threw off Spanish rule. This is a celebration of a military victory. Think of the howl from liberals if we try to celebrate our militaries accomplishments. They would cry over how militaristic we have been, being a superpower and all.

Actually it was French rule under Napoleon III. :D

Actually it was French rule under Napoleon III. :D

The Mexican Independence Day I am referring to is September 16, 1810. This began an 11 year war to throw off Spanish rule.

Sorry if my comments ran together and jumbled up what I was trying to say.

Because the Assistant Principal did this is has caused this.

More than 200 Hispanic students reportedly skipped class on Thursday and marched to school district headquarters while chanting "we want respect" and "si se puedes" -- "yes we can" -- the Morgan Hill Times reported.

What the heck kind of repect do they want. They are middle school kids.

This is what makes me so upset. Like they think they are owed something. If anything they owe us for letting them into our great country. I am sure they go all out for July the 4th and wear red, white, and blue.

Because the Assistant Principal did this is has caused this.

More than 200 Hispanic students reportedly skipped class on Thursday and marched to school district headquarters while chanting "we want respect" and "si se puedes" -- "yes we can" -- the Morgan Hill Times reported.

What the heck kind of repect do they want. They are middle school kids.

I believe this calls for a suspension from school.:rolleyes:

I believe this calls for a suspension from school.:rolleyes:

NO WAY, we might make them mad and all of Mexico will cross the border and take over. If they were white then they would be suspended. Guaranteed.

We are afraid they will sue us.

This is what makes me so upset. Like they think they are owed something. If anything they owe us for letting them into our great country. I am sure they go all out for July the 4th and wear red, white, and blue.

Um, many of them have ancestors that have been in "our" country longer than many of the folks of Irish, English or German ancestry on this board. I have been to Morgan Hill and I have several Hispanic friends from the area. These folks are as American as you or I. They have as much right to call it their counry as you or I do. Just because someone is Hispanic it doesn't mean that they are illegal. The assumptions behind your rant tell us a great deal.

Here is the Assistant Principals last name.

The five teens were sitting at a table outside Live Oak High School in Morgan Hill, Calif., on Wednesday morning when Assistant Principal Miguel Rodriguez asked two of them to remove their American flag bandannas, one of their parents told FoxNews.com. The boys complied, but were asked to accompany Rodriguez to the principal's office.

Seems he is not 100% American. IMO

That is the biggest crock of bull I've ever heard. :puke:

If you heard my father's name, I'm sure that you'd say the same thing. Yet, he served two tours of duty in the US Army before and during Vietnam. Don't you dare tell me he's not 100% American. :rolleyes:

And they say that profiling won't affect legal citizens. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

That is the biggest crock of bull I've ever heard. :puke:

If you heard my father's name, I'm sure that you'd say the same thing. Yet, he served two tours of duty in the US Army before and during Vietnam. Don't you dare tell me he's not 100% American. :rolleyes:

And they say that profiling won't affect legal citizens. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I salute your dad for his service.

Do you think he would tell five kids to remove symbols of the flag and nation he fought to protect?

I'm not saying the assistant principal is un-American... but I do think a solid case might be constructed regarding the stupidity of his actions... and that has nothing to do with skin tone or national loyalties. :thumb:

Are Amercians of Mexican heritage offended by an American flag?

This one isn't. If you come into my classroom, you will see a photo of my father in his Army uniform directly beside my American flag (along with a photo of my uncle, who is not hispanic and served in the US Navy in Korea) with a sign that reads "Two of my reasons for saying the Pledge of Allegience."

The most emotional moment in my life occurred about five years ago, when my father gave me the American flag that he had saved from his last tour of duty in Vietnam. It was special to me, moreso because I am not his oldest child or even a son. Or maybe it was the summer that Dad and I dug a 30 ft long trench to bury wire to have a light on an American flag on my flagpole at my new house. Or maybe it's every year when I spend Independence Day with my dad and watch him reverently run his flag up his flag pole. Regardless, this AMERICAN with Mexican heritage cannot think of a more beautiful sight than Old Glory blowing freely in the wind.