Texas high school to build $60 Million stadium

That's amazing! I talked to the youngest coach in the biggest divsion in Texas one time. He thought he was the lowest paid and was right around 6 figures. He also said that the football office had it's own phone and the Principal had to call before anybody came over and disturbed them.

It's a way of life down there. I thought it would be South Lake Carrol before I clicked on the link. I coached with a guy that had coached in Texas, Nebraska, Mizzo and KY. He said the pressure in Texas was as tough as you could imagine.

And to think people say bigger isn't always better in terms of the size of school. Glad to see that Texas, along with schools in Georgia, Alabama, FL, etc don't freak out once a school gets to be around 2,000+ kids, then split the schools.

All I can do is shake my head at the way some things are done here in KY.

Sounds like they're taking care of students, extra curricular, and athletics all at once down there. Good for them.

Wow , thats really nice. I have never been to Texas to watch high school football , so my question is , do they have enough fans ,students or family to fill the stadium on a regular basis?

Wow , thats really nice. I have never been to Texas to watch high school football , so my question is , do they have enough fans ,students or family to fill the stadium on a regular basis?

If I remember correctly, I believe the article inferred they draw about 12,000-14,0000 per game now. That is more than a lot of D1 and professional sports teams. :scared:

My eyes aren't what they use to be. Can one of you younger guys look at the small print and see where the National Honor Society and National Merit Scholar seating section is located.

They can sit in the 5,000 seats reserved for the STUDENTS. I am sure when the honor society and merit scholars start brining in hundreds of thousands in revenue they can have whatever they want :thumb: