Texas high school to build $60 Million stadium

I do think it's important, and impressive, to note that they're dedicating nearly the same amount of money to a performing arts auditorium.

Can any of you imagine the uproar in any community in KY if such a bond proposal were put on the table? :lol:

And to think people say bigger isn't always better in terms of the size of school. Glad to see that Texas, along with schools in Georgia, Alabama, FL, etc don't freak out once a school gets to be around 2,000+ kids, then split the schools.

All I can do is shake my head at the way some things are done here in KY.

I'd have to see what the statistics are for their academic, ACT/SAT scores and % to college...but as a broad overall statement, I heartily agree with you. A lot of valuable, limited resources are stretched even thinner in Kentucky with the current requirements.

I'd have to see what the statistics are for their academic, ACT/SAT scores and % to college...but as a broad overall statement, I heartily agree with you. A lot of valuable, limited resources are stretched even thinner in Kentucky with the current requirements.

I'd be willing to bet that their academic scores are up their pretty high, as well? I'd say the type of kids that go there are what it would be like if Highlands, Manual, Male, X, T, etc. all went to school together.