Henry County head coach resigns.

'ol#70

Hadn't heard about Larue, but had heard lots of speculation about the Martha Layne Collins job in Shelbyville being a possibility for him. Have been hearing his name in connection with that job for a while now...whether that was wild speculation or based on any factual information at all, I don't know.

That is 100% speculation, heading back to the Hardin/LaRue area due to the very sudden death of father in law.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hadn't heard about Larue, but had heard lots of speculation about the Martha Layne Collins job in Shelbyville being a possibility for him. Have been hearing his name in connection with that job for a while now...whether that was wild speculation or based on any factual information at all, I don't know.

Engstrand is a football coach and a pretty good one, I would say he will be coaching next year and so he should be, but I would SPECULATE, that it will not be in this area.

Coach Johnson is the man for the Henry Co. opening. He wants the job and should be given much consideration when the job is filled. So what if he is not a teacher. Let the school worry about hiring a teacher to fill Coach E's. spot. Where does it say the head coach must be a teacher. He is a teacher of young men on the practice field and off the field as well. No one cares more for the players than he and his wife do. Their house is always open to any player that needs somewhere to call home. He learned well from his father and brother who were both head football coaches at Henry County. Keep the legacy alive. Give Coach J a shot. He is very deserving of a chance to lead the Wildcats.

Martha Layne Collins job is not an option.

The OC job at North Hardin is however.

I had also heard that the MLC job was likely to go another way - I've heard another name a lot more frequently, and for a lot of logical reasons. But I had heard Chris' name mentioned.

Hate to see him leave the area; he's a fine coach. I'm sure he'll wind up coaching somewhere next year, and he'll do very well.

Coach Johnson is the man for the Henry Co. opening. He wants the job and should be given much consideration when the job is filled. So what if he is not a teacher. Let the school worry about hiring a teacher to fill Coach E's. spot. Where does it say the head coach must be a teacher. He is a teacher of young men on the practice field and off the field as well. No one cares more for the players than he and his wife do. Their house is always open to any player that needs somewhere to call home. He learned well from his father and brother who were both head football coaches at Henry County. Keep the legacy alive. Give Coach J a shot. He is very deserving of a chance to lead the Wildcats.

I agree. Coach J has been with this upcoming senior class since they were youth players and they would go to battle for him for sure.