Henry County head coach resigns.

'ol#70

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Local Henry County paper reported Wednesday that the search for Engstrand's replacement is ongoing and the A.D. hopes to have someone in place before the end of the school year. Huh? That's another 4+ months.

Does that make it official? I am not trying to argue or debate anything, just curious if today is the starting posting date of the 30 days?

The way I understand it is, it has to be posted with the state for 30 days, but if they sent it over the list server, then they are looking.

Local Henry County paper reported Wednesday that the search for Engstrand's replacement is ongoing and the A.D. hopes to have someone in place before the end of the school year. Huh? That's another 4+ months.

They won't wait until the end of the school year. I say that they have someone in place by March 26th.

Disclaimer: I have no insider information. This is just my feeling on it.

Coaching jobs don't have to be posted for 30 days. Only teaching jobs. I looked it up one time on the KDE website. Will find it if needed.

Is there any change if the coaching position is filled by a para professional? Or, if the job is vacated and filled by someone outside the current employment of the school?

Here is what I found on the KDE website:

Q. Do coaching positions have to be posted?

A. No. Coaching positions are extra duties, which are considered additional assignments. Posting of those assignments is not required under KRS 160.380(2). However, coaching assignments must be available to qualified staff before being offered to classified staff or para-professionals. For hiring and employment requirements for coaches (head or assistant), including cheerleading, refer to KHSAA Bylaw 27.

I agree. Coach J has been with this upcoming senior class since they were youth players and they would go to battle for him for sure.

Henry Co. has a good problem to have: multiple assistants that could do a fine job, Johnson and Ledford are a couple of examples. No need to hire from outside.

Who applied a few years ago when Engstrand got hired? Would they be interested again? :confused: