Henry County head coach resigns.

'ol#70

On Monday, 1-11-10, Henry County head football coach Chris Engstrand met with his team and announced he is stepping down from that position. The announcement comes one day after the football team banquet was held. Engstrand led the Wildcats to two district championships and two regional championship games during his four year's as head coach.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to Coach Engstrand, I am sure this was a hard deciscion to leave HC.

Do you think he's moving on to somewhere else? There are a couple head coaching positions open in that general area. Engstrand's done a really nice job at Henry County. Does anyone think they'll try to keep Ledford on as head coach?

Best of luck to Coach Engstrand. He did a great job while at HC. The Wildcats need to keep continuity and go with Coach Ledford as the HC. He flat out loves it at Henry Co. and has really grown as a coach. He coaches a very aggressive style of Defense that kids love to play. Keep the momentum going Henry Co.:thumb:

Best of luck to coach Engstrand. I know this just happened, but anybody heard whether or not they are looking to promote Ledford or open the job up?

I think that is absolutely what they should do. The staff seems to all get along too.

I think that is absolutely what they should do. The staff seems to all get along too.

Ledford is the right man for the job. He was the right man for the job at Franklin County, but politics played a role in him leaving. Ledford cares about the kids, loves the game, knows the game and helps the kids out with their futures eg.. DeRon Hicks, Oakley Watkins, Nick Farler and Nathan Newland. I hope and pray Ledford gets this opportunity, he deserves it :ylsuper:

Hadn't heard about Larue, but had heard lots of speculation about the Martha Layne Collins job in Shelbyville being a possibility for him. Have been hearing his name in connection with that job for a while now...whether that was wild speculation or based on any factual information at all, I don't know.