Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

footballhd

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by footballhd

  1. So are they second best in the district behind Frankfort?
  2. Footballisking, this would be a great time to finally share the coaches issues and problems. What exactly was the communication problem? I think Lawson is a social studies teacher and not a math teacher.
  3. Leatherneck, if a survey isn't a bad idea, since you have a copy of the survey everyone is talking about, why don't you go ahead and send it out to the parents at Highlands?
  4. Since you are in the know here, tell us what exactly was the communication problem between the coach and the parents? How would the survey fix it? This would be a great time to give insight to exactly what the parent issues were with the coach. What exactly did they want to happen that the coaching staff didn't communicate with them?
  5. That is true. Him, Ray Graham at Henry, and I am sure more.
  6. I personally dont see it working.
  7. There are no assistants in the building.
  8. In my opinion (which doesnt count for much) building a successful/competitive football program is different than having a good soccer team, wrestling, or basketball. Last time I heard, wrestling was an individual sport. Football just takes a total team effort in the film room, on the practice field, and during games. Plus, parents have to back the coaches in pusing their kids to work hard, be at practice, listen to the coaches, etc. Does having a Mr. Soccer translate into having support for athletics? Didnt the soccer coach just leave and go somewhere else? You would think after having Mr. Soccer and having support, you would want to stay? Of course the Administration wants athletics to Win, but they don't do anything to support that. Otherwise, they would have not entertained the idea of a survey. If they did, why in the world has basically every football coach at South Oldham been ran out of town?
  9. I think that was a joke.
  10. Not trying to start an argument or crack jokes, but who at the school is "hungry for football success"? The administration? From things I heard, they could care less if sports win or lose. The parents? From everything posted on here and heard in the community they just care about their child having his playing time. The players? Safe to say all players want to win, but do they have the mindset, parent pushing them the right way, and work ethic to really get success?
  11. Help me out, when was the last time the wing-t won a State Championship? Just wondering? It could be this past year, I can't remember.
  12. What is their schedule and what is the scrimmages?
  13. I guess he was meaning that Wolfe ran the wing-t in his prior Head Coaching stints and is assuming he will run it at Male.
  14. Whoever gets the job as Head Coach, they will have to log onto an online survey site each day before practice and in-between quarters during games. Parents will basically vote on type of practice and in-game play calling. They ditched the text message voting idea because it took to long to text.
  15. Sounds like it might be a while, since nobody has heard anything.
  16. Kicking instructor? I dont understand.
  17. Any news on this opening? I think it has been posted for over 30 days now.
  18. The starting lineup would change each week depending on who parents were running the show. Just joking of course, just like the Leach comment.
  19. I heard the parents were going to pitch in money to get Mike Leach hired as long as he did not lock any kids in a dark broom closet.
  20. I know that there are other factors involved when taking a job, but just looking at it from a football perspective, is Franklin County a better football job than Woodford?
  21. That will be a big change. I just don't see it happening this coming year, because the QB they have is a pretty dang good passer. I could be wrong, thats why I am not a coach!
  22. I think most coaches are there early and stay late. There might be a few expections, but I would gather that most high school coaches put in as much time as Beatty does at Trinity. Some might put in more because they dont have the support system that Trinity has. Like doing laundry, mowing grass, etc.
  23. The question will be, which one will walk out of the bar as the new HC at Male.
  24. With as tight as school budgets are, I am assuming he will keep the old staff?
  25. Yes, was at Pike Central for several years as Heach Coach and last year at Pikeville as an assistant.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.