Jim Kovach

Art Still

Derrick Ramsey

Tim Couch

Jared Lorenzen

Andre Woodson

Derek Abney

Jacob Tamme

I wish I could have seen Derrick Ramsey play. I met Ramsey a few years ago at a function... really cool guy and he had some good stories about players in the NFL. He said the best players he ever went up against was Jack Tatum, Reggie White, and Lawrence Taylor.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could have seen Derrick Ramsey play. I met Ramsey a few years ago at a function... really cool guy and he had some good stories about players in the NFL. He said the best players he ever went up against was Jack Tatum, Reggie White, and Lawrence Taylor.

I will tell you, it was not all that pretty, but very effective in Derrick's last two seasons as the UK quarterback.

Great athlete, long and strong, and a high character person as well.

Jim Kovach

Jeff Snedegar

Mark Higgs

Paul Calhoun

Pookie Jones

Derek Abney

Sonny Collins

Steve Compassi

Art Still

George Adams

Ivy Joe Hunter

Anthony White

Moe Williams

James Whalen

Craig Yeast

Jared Lorenzen

Tim Couch

Randy Holleran

John Grimsley

Wesley Woodyard

Derrick Ramsey

Andre Woodson

Keenan Burton

Steve Johnson

Jacob Tamme

Dermonti Dawson

The 1983 team that was 9-3 and won at Tennessee. Bill Ransdell at QB. George Adams RB, John Grimsley at LB. Joker & Jeff Piecoro were also part of that team I believe. My high school teammate Oliver White was the TE.

Tough Jerry Claiborne football team.

The '77 Wildcat team. Great to watch that defense and ball control offense.

Ramsey was just a huge QB that could move well but was tough as nails. Running out of the Veer and Wishbone with tear-away jerseys, he just ran over people.

NO ONE ran in Art Still's direction. Kirchbaum, Jaffe, Siganos, Dallas Owens all were very good defensive players that played with reckless abandon.

To that list I would add Mark Higgs.

Cobb is becoming one of my favorites. Here are a few I can think of (I only listed those that I actually saw play in person):

Art Still

Derek Ramsey

Jeff Snedegar

Marty Moore (forget about the fumbled interception in the Peach Bowl, he was a great college LB for the Cats)

Marc Logan

Pookie Jones

Dermontti Dawson & Vernon Johnson (OK, the last 2 are lineman, and while not exciting for the general fan to watch, they were both amazing at what they did)

Woodson, Johnson, Burton, Woodyard & Tamme (this was a very special group and I had to put them all together for what they meant for the program)

Tim Couch

Jared Lorenzen

Mark Higgs

Derek Abney

Mo Williams

Melvin Johnson (he LOVED to light people up)

Billy Jack Haskins (for how he handled all the controversy)

Dusty Bonner

John Schlarman

Bill Ransdell

George Adams

Ivy Joe Hunter

James Whalen (had he not been injured in the Syracuse bowl game, I believe UK would have won)

Another one of my favorites, but I never saw him play was Nate Northington. He was a DB for UK, signed in 1964, and was the first EVER African American football player signed to play at an SEC school. He also was the first African American player to play in a game featuring 2 SEC teams. And YES, he was a CAT!!!