James Harrison Will Not Visit White House

When the Super Bowl XLIII champion Pittsburgh Steelers make their trip to the White House Thursday, one of the players largely responsible for their victory over the Arizona Cardinals says he won't be attending.

Linebacker James Harrison said he'll pass on the invite from President Barack Obama.

"This is how I feel -- if you want to see the Pittsburgh Steelers, invite us when we don't win the Super Bowl. As far as I'm concerned, he [Obama] would've invited Arizona if they had won," said Harrison.

link

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he wanted to make a political statement, that's fine, but the winners of the Super Bowl, BCS, Final Four, Stanley Cup, World Series, etc are always invited to the White House. That is an age old tradition. Harrison is being really ignorant, IMO.

If he wanted to make a political statement, that's fine, but the winners of the Super Bowl, BCS, Final Four, Stanley Cup, World Series, etc are always invited to the White House. That is an age old tradition. Harrison is being really ignorant, IMO.

Ignorant...stupid...both good words to describe Harrison here. :lol:

I am with PP92, I was expecting for him to give some type of political or legitimate reason as to why he wasn't going.

I think he just looks like an egotisical fool.

Agreed

Kinda like everyone should want him in their presence all the time. Just dumb.

When the Super Bowl XLIII champion Pittsburgh Steelers make their trip to the White House Thursday, one of the players largely responsible for their victory over the Arizona Cardinals says he won't be attending.

Linebacker James Harrison said he'll pass on the invite from President Barack Obama.

"This is how I feel -- if you want to see the Pittsburgh Steelers, invite us when we don't win the Super Bowl. As far as I'm concerned, he [Obama] would've invited Arizona if they had won," said Harrison.

link

I really don't understand his logic...

If I had an invitatation to the White House, it would be an honor. Even if it was to meet Bush who I can't stand, I would still go...

Considering Rooney's support for Obama, he may be afraid to make a political statement. In general, it's not a good idea to disagree with the box. But if he doesn't want to go and wouldn't enjoy the experience, he should not go.

Considering Rooney's support for Obama, he may be afraid to make a political statement. In general, it's not a good idea to disagree with the box. But if he doesn't want to go and wouldn't enjoy the experience, he should not go.

I don't think that is the case. In the story they stated he didn't go in 2006 when the Steelers won then either.