James Harrison Will Not Visit White House

I think it's ego. It's like he thinks he is breaking some news nobody knows about...really if a team wins it all they get invited to the White House? If you finish 2nd you don't? Really?? Wow thanks for clearing that up for us.

He could be like everybody on every team that goes or he can draw attention to himself. He decided to try to draw attention to himself. Ego IMO.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"This is how I feel -- if you want to see the Pittsburgh Steelers, invite us when we don't win the Super Bowl. As far as I'm concerned, he [Obama] would've invited Arizona if they had won," said Harrison.

Stupid, stupid, stupid

FWIW, I'm not nearly as mad at Harrison as many posters seem to be. Personally, I'd consider declining meeting President Obama, for a variety of reasons. Harrison certainly has the right to do whatever he pleases. Just the reason that he gave- "he only wants to meet us because we are champions" is just strange...

FWIW, I'm not nearly as mad at Harrison as many posters seem to be. Personally, I'd consider declining meeting President Obama, for a variety of reasons. Harrison certainly has the right to do whatever he pleases. Just the reason that he gave- "he only wants to meet us because we are champions" is just strange...

Harrison declined to go in 2006 after the Steelers won so save your political beliefs for the political message board area of BGP.:thumb:

Harrison declined to go in 2006 after the Steelers won so save your political beliefs for the political message board area of BGP.:thumb:

I understand that he declined in 2006 as well. I'm saying that there are perfectly understandable reasons to decline meeting the President, and I don't hold any ill will towards him. But his reasoning is strange, to say the least...

I understand that he declined in 2006 as well. I'm saying that there are perfectly understandable reasons to decline meeting the President, and I don't hold any ill will towards him. But his reasoning is strange, to say the least...

And I am saying why goad people into a political discussion on this board when there is another board to goad people into that conversation. There is nothing political about Harrison declining Obama's invitation so why make it that way here?

And I am saying why goad people into a political discussion on this board when there is another board to goad people into that conversation. There is nothing political about Harrison declining Obama's invitation so why make it that way here?

I wasn't attempting to goad anyone- it was hardly a political statement- but a mod can delete my post (or the part of the post) if you wish.

IGNORANT! This just makes this guy look so UN-INFORMED and again, IGNORANT! It is actually very humorous!

I in no way agree with Harrison, but as long as he stays out of trouble and keeps pounding QBs in the AFC North, I am fine with him... :D