Scientists offer Dire Warnings - Global Warming

PureFan

I believe the climate is changing, ..... it has been for thousands of years and always will. Did humans cause the ice age? Did humans cause the big thaw? We as humans are too egocentric if we believe we impact the global environment as much as we are led to believe we do.

We need to kill all the cattle which are responsible for most of the methane in the atmosphere.

I'm already doing my part, one ribeye at a time. :thumb:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure about all the dire warnings of doom and gloom. I do think we need to be responsible with our environment. Use less energy, invest in renewable energy, recycle, plant three trees for every one we cut, etc. I am not a "tree hugger" but I do want to protect our woodlands and wetlands for the future. As for global warming I can see both sides of the story. I do think the issue (on both sides) is clouded with political self interests and that often decisions come down to the bottom line. Until scientists build concensus among themselves, this issue will always create conflict.

Good post.

Does Mr. Gore really have 2,000 climatologists in his back pocket?

TB&G, as a friend I can advise you to remove it from your queue, it will be an incredible waste of your time and money. It's nothing but lies, half truths and fantasies that was designed to make Gore rich.

RTS, I appreciate the friendly advice, but I have always been one to want to form my own opinion on things. :thumb:

They are saying what is going to happen in 20 years, but what happened to 30 years ago. In the 70's "The scientists" said that we were headed for another "Ice Age" if we didn't do something to fix it. And in the 80's we had "Acid Rain" that was going to kill us all. Now, we have "Global Warming".

And, don't forget about Y2K, when everyone was stock piling water, and canned food.

The sky is falling, the sky is falling..........

RTS, I appreciate the friendly advice, but I have always been one to want to form my own opinion on things. :thumb:
Understandable, that's one of things I like about you. I can tell you it was laughable at best. Let me know what you think.

You should check out "The Great Global Warming Swindle" as well.

They are saying what is going to happen in 20 years, but what happened to 30 years ago. In the 70's "The scientists" said that we were headed for another "Ice Age" if we didn't do something to fix it. And in the 80's we had "Acid Rain" that was going to kill us all. Now, we have "Global Warming".

And, don't forget about Y2K, when everyone was stock piling water, and canned food.

:thumb:

I'm telling you, this is the greatest scam known to man to date.

Haven't you heard? Climate change is a fairy tale that has been totally refuted by every scientist on the planet, except for about a half dozen who are being personally paid by Al Gore! :rolleyes:

Did you ever read anything regarding this written by Dr. Chrichton prior to his death?

I only ask because he throws some serious doubt on the methods used to determine this information and the intent while doing the research.

Hey, Birdsfan!

Just making sure you saw this. I figure that anyone with any kind of interest in global warming actually wants to read both sides of the argument.

http://www.michaelcrichton.net/speech-ourenvironmentalfuture.html

http://www.michaelcrichton.net/speech-environmentalismaseligion.html

http://www.michaelcrichton.net/speech-sciencepolicy.html

http://www.michaelcrichton.net/speech-complexity.html

Especially when an individual has more than enough money to not be in the pocket of either side, and has legit scientific credentials.

I just read an article on the Drudge Report on how hurricane/cyclone activiity is at its lowest level in 30 years. After Katrina wasn't there calls by these same global warming supporters of more violent hurricanes? Another hoax exposed by time and reality. And yes there may be some nasty storms this coming season, but it is because of cycles, not the phony science of manmade global warming.

The early 80's is when we stopped being able to eat snow icecream. Mom told us kids that she didn't want us poisened!

Let's take a look at what the people say. After all, isn't that what should be used as a gage of how important this is?

A poll from last summer found that the vast majority of Americans opposed Lieberman/Warner and would not be willing to pay higher prices for electricity or gasoline to combat global warming.

The poll, conducted by the Public Opinion and Policy Center of the National Center for Public Policy Research, found that 65% of Americans reject spending even a penny more for gasoline in an effort to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. The number rejecting raising gas prices in an effort to combat global warming has increased by 17 percentage points -- or 35% -- in just over two months. The National Center conducted a similar survey in late February.

An additional 13% oppose spending more than 5% more for gasoline to attempt to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.

The survey also found that 71% of Americans reject spending more for electricity, with 16% opposing spending any more than 12% extra for electricity.

"As incredible as it sounds that 90% of Americans reject the Lieberman-Warner plan's costs, the actual number who reject it may be even higher. Electricity and gasoline price hikes are only two of the costs of this proposal."

Pew found in January that of 20 policy issues it asked people to place in order of importance, global warming ranked last.

485-1.gif

44% Say Global Warming Due To Planetary Trends, Not People.

Forty-four percent (44%) of U.S. voters now say long-term planetary trends are the cause of global warming, compared to 41% who blame it on human activity.

Seven percent (7%) attribute global warming to some other reason, and nine percent (9%) are unsure in a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey. Fifty-nine percent (59%) of Democrats blame global warming on human activity, compared to 21% percent of Republicans. Two-thirds of GOP voters (67%) see long-term planetary trends as the cause versus 23% of Democrats. Voters not affiliated with either party by eight points put the blame on planetary trends.

Fifty-four percent (54%) of U.S. voters say the news media make global warming appear worse than it really is. Only 21% say the media present an accurate picture, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey.

Thirteen percent (13%) think the media make climate change appear to be better than it truly is. Twelve percent (12%) don’t have an opinion.

No wonder 23% say it is at least somewhat likely that global warming will destroy human civilization within the next century.

Common to all surveys about the media, Republicans are more critical than Democrats.

Seventy-nine percent (79%) of GOP voters say the media paints a darker picture of global warming that the reality merits, and 63% of voters not affiliated with either party agree. Democrats, however, are much more closely divided: 27% say the media make it look worse than it is, 22% better, and 34% say they present an accurate picture.

A record-high 41% now say Global Warming it is exaggerated. This represents the highest level of public skepticism about mainstream reporting on global warming seen in more than a decade of Gallup polling on the subject.

bpg-iae_6umqs7-fda8tjq.gif

I really didn't think that much about Global warming until the other day in Bio Lab we watched An Inconvenient Truth if you think Global warming is a joke watch this movie.

Global Warming is happening and if you think it's not than your crazy.

That movie is pure fiction and a bad comedy at best!