Scientists offer Dire Warnings - Global Warming

PureFan

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The climate change panel predicted a sea level rise of 7 to 23 inches by the end of the century, which could flood low-lying areas and force millions to flee. But more recent research presented at the conference suggested that melting glaciers and ice sheets could help push the sea level up at least 20 inches, and possibly as much as 39 inches, or about 1 meter.

Better get those New Orleans residents on the buses. I'm not sure if 92 years is enough time to get them all out.

I'm sick of global warming. The more knowledge we gain as a human race, the dumber we become. Who'd think that?

That is true. The more options we learn of, the less sure we are of anything.

Just like in medicine. Years ago, a headache was simply a headache. Now there can be hundreds of reasons and tons of tests to figure out why a person has a headache.

We've discussed global warming at length in P/R MANY times. I'll say it again, though. I've been aware of the global warning idea/threat since way before I even knew who Al Gore was...around the time that he was a freshman senator in TN. Therefore, he is not part of the equation for me at all. I haven't even seen An Inconvenient Truth, though it is on my Netflix queue.

We've discussed global warming at length in P/R MANY times. I'll say it again, though. I've been aware of the global warning idea/threat since way before I even knew who Al Gore was...around the time that he was a freshman senator in TN. Therefore, he is not part of the equation for me at all. I haven't even seen An Inconvenient Truth, though it is on my Netflix queue.

Good movie watch it when you have free time.

I really didn't think that much about Global warming until the other day in Bio Lab we watched An Inconvenient Truth if you think Global warming is a joke watch this movie.

Global Warming is happening and if you think it's not than your crazy.

If you're using that pathetic, hack excuse of a "documentary" as your reasoning for buying into the GW hype, you're already dead in the water.

TB&G, as a friend I can advise you to remove it from your queue, it will be an incredible waste of your time and money. It's nothing but lies, half truths and fantasies that was designed to make Gore rich.

I really didn't think that much about Global warming until the other day in Bio Lab we watched An Inconvenient Truth if you think Global warming is a joke watch this movie.

Global Warming is happening and if you think it's not than your crazy.

Exactly what they wanted you to think when you watched it?? You better hurry and go buy some carbon credits from the guru of Global Warming--Al Gore. Scary!! :ohbrother:

I am not sure about all the dire warnings of doom and gloom. I do think we need to be responsible with our environment. Use less energy, invest in renewable energy, recycle, plant three trees for every one we cut, etc. I am not a "tree hugger" but I do want to protect our woodlands and wetlands for the future. As for global warming I can see both sides of the story. I do think the issue (on both sides) is clouded with political self interests and that often decisions come down to the bottom line. Until scientists build concensus among themselves, this issue will always create conflict.

:thumb::thumb:

Just left -20/25 degrees wind chill in Minneapolis in mid-March, so please excuse me if I'm a little suspect?? If these global warming doom & gloomers didn't spend all their time flying around the world on their Gulfstreams (spreading more pollutants than thousands of autos) and selling "carbon credits" for their own profit; I'd be a little more inclined to listen!!

Just a little slicker versions of Bernie Madoff, only doing so with a "CAUSE"????