Bank of Kentucky & the 9th and 10th Region - No Radio/Internet Broadcasting

It sounds like the management company that runs BOK has struggled before this. They've already lost the first GM. They somehow screwed up the beer issue there. The story is that they chose not to or simply forgot to install lines for the draught beer. They then decided to sell beer in 20 oz cups(I think ) but the found out that it was illegal to do so.

So, par for the course.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GT I'll either attend some of the games, or read about them on here, or in the news paper. So to answer your question yes I'm ok with this, I guess if you're accustomed to listening to it over the radio or online then I could see where that would bother some, however I only do that for UK games typically.

Sounds more like the fans in Mason County are just crying about one more thing about not have the tournament in Maysville. Its a done deal where the tournament is going to be so why not enjoy the opportunity that your athletes are going to have and let it rest.

Personally, I don't care if the 10th Region tourney is held in Timbuktu, as long as I can get in and watch.

I just think it's sad that thousands of shut-ins, military, second-shift workers, people without transportation; or simply those without the means to spend money on gas, tickets, concessions, etc. can't listen to the games. As Clyde and others have said in so many words, those that want to be there but can't. Nothing more than that.

9th & 10th Region High School Tournament Getting Closer

Tickets On Sale Now, Other Details

Highland Heights, KY – The Bank of Kentucky Center (an SMG managed facility) at Northern Kentucky University is extremely excited to be in partnership with both the 9th and 10th Regions to host their respective high school basketball tournaments, March 2-10, 2009.

In this joint venture, a financial commitment has been made by The Bank of Kentucky Center to each participating school from 10th Region and every school within the 9th Region will receive funds.

In order to ensure and maximize the funds to each participating school, The Bank of Kentucky Center, after consulting with representatives from each region, has made the decision to restrict the broadcasting of these games. Participating schools that reside outside a 30-mile radius from the Center will be given the opportunity to broadcast (via radio only) their respective school’s games. Should any of the 9th or 10th region games individually sell-out, one week prior to date of play, the Center will allow for that game to be broadcast via radio, Internet and/or television.

“The Bank of Kentucky Center is excited to host both regions’” said Molly Pascucci, general manager of The Bank of Kentucky Center, “We are very proud, for the first time ever, to offer a financial commitment back to the students of each participating school.”

For radio stations that meet the requirements for broadcast, please contact The Bank of Kentucky Center at (859) 442-2652 or via e-mail at info@bankofkentuckycenter.com

Tickets for the tournaments are on sale now and are priced at $8 for each day’s session (see schedule below).

Patrons can also purchase a $12 ticket that will allow for re-entry for the 10th Region Boys Quarterfinals on Saturday, March 7. This will give patrons an all-day pass for that day only for all four games.

Please note that the Center will be emptied at the conclusion of the 10th Region Boys Quarterfinals and patrons will need to purchase a separate ticket for the 9th Region Girls final on Saturday, March 7 at 8 p.m. All tickets may be subject to applicable fees. Tickets can be purchased at The Bank of Kentucky Center Box Office at Northern Kentucky University, all Ticketmaster outlets including select Kroger stores, charge by phone at (513) 562-4949 or on-line at http://www.ticketmaster.com

9th Region Boys and Girls Tournament Schedule

3/2/09 -Girls Quarterfinal at 6pm and 8pm

3/3/09 -Girls Quarterfinal at 6pm and 8pm

3/4/09 -Boys Quarterfinal at 6pm and 8pm

3/5/09 -Boys Quarterfinal at 6pm and 8pm

3/6/09 -Girls Semifinal at 6pm and 8pm

3/7/09 -Girls Final at 8pm

3/8/09 -Boys Semifinal at 2pm and 4pm

3/10/09 -Boys 10th Final at 6:30pm & 9th Final at 8:30pm

10th Region Tournament Schedule

3/7/09 -Boys Quarterfinal at 10am, 12pm, 2pm, 4pm

3/9/09 -Boys Semifinal at 6:00pm and 8:00pm

3/10/09 -Boys 10th Final at 6:00pm & 9th Final at 8:30pm For more information, please visit http://www.bankofkentuckycenter.com

As of right now, there are no games sold out. Looks like 8th Region for me.

One item they seem to forget...the INTERNET broadcasters are the ones that reach the grandmas/grandpas, aunts/uncles, cousins, friends, etc. who live FAR, FAR away - the ones the radio stations can't reach and who under no circumstances are going to come and spend their money at the arena.

Sorry 'bout that, Aunt Bea in Hoboken, NJ...

What a moronic, short-sighted plan. :puke: The 9th and 10th regions will have some great basketball, but the "spirit of the region tournament" is gone. :cry: This press release would have you believe that it's all about doing what's right for the kids (money back to the schools)...but heaven help the kids who want to enjoy THEIR region tournament... "...please sit in the end zone where you'll be out of the way of the high-paying public...and please leave PROMPTLY after your game so some other unimportant people - er, students - can replace you..."

Have they considered requiring those at courtside to buy seat licenses? Or perhaps contribute the 9th/10th Region athletic funds? Who's in charge here (rhetorical question), high schools or a college AD? :idunno:

I'm starting a petition drive now to ensure that no similar arenas are ever built in the 8th region... :D:

Can any 10th region fans honestly say they would rather be going through this to have this tourney at the BOK other than maybe Campbell or Brossart fans?Honestly.

Why would Campbell or Brossart fans be happy about this decision?? Brossart pioneered internet radio in NKY, and if they are lucky enough to make the tourney; their out-of-town fans will be livid about not having their familiar live broadcast, and even more upset to not even have a replay to listen to years from now. Can't imagine the CovCath guys are very happy either??

All these guys do this as a service to the school, players, their families and fans, and most if not all the costs are out of their own pockets. If you ask any of these internet radio guys, even the ones with large live listenerships; you'll find out that most of their "hits" come in the form of replays, and they continue getting listeners years down the road especially on big games. To deny them the opportunity to perform this service for their fans is really deplorable--Pure greed in its worst form!!

Why would Campbell or Brossart fans be happy about this decision?? Brossart pioneered internet radio in NKY, and if they are lucky enough to make the tourney; their out-of-town fans will be livid about not having their familiar live broadcast, and even more upset to not even have a replay to listen to years from now. Can't imagine the CovCath guys are very happy either??

All these guys do this as a service to the school, players, their families and fans, and most if not all the costs are out of their own pockets. If you ask any of these internet radio guys, even the ones with large live listenerships; you'll find out that most of their "hits" come in the form of replays, and they continue getting listeners years down the road especially on big games. To deny them the opportunity to perform this service for their fans is really deplorable--Pure greed in its worst form!!

I was just meaning it would be nice for you guys having it in your backyard i should have also included Scott in that to.But is it worth it with all the problems and restrictions coming up?

Sounds more like the fans in Mason County are just crying about one more thing about not have the tournament in Maysville. Its a done deal where the tournament is going to be so why not enjoy the opportunity that your athletes are going to have and let it rest.

Trust me i was looking forward to the BOK until all this rubbish.

One item they seem to forget...the INTERNET broadcasters are the ones that reach the grandmas/grandpas, aunts/uncles, cousins, friends, etc. who live FAR, FAR away - the ones the radio stations can't reach and who under no circumstances are going to come and spend their money at the arena.

Sorry 'bout that, Aunt Bea in Hoboken, NJ...

What a moronic, short-sighted plan. :puke: The 9th and 10th regions will have some great basketball, but the "spirit of the region tournament" is gone. :cry: This press release would have you believe that it's all about doing what's right for the kids (money back to the schools)...but heaven help the kids who want to enjoy THEIR region tournament... "...please sit in the end zone where you'll be out of the way of the high-paying public...and please leave PROMPTLY after your game so some other unimportant people - er, students - can replace you..."

Have they considered requiring those at courtside to buy seat licenses? Or perhaps contribute the 9th/10th Region athletic funds? Who's in charge here (rhetorical question), high schools or a college AD? :idunno:

I'm starting a petition drive now to ensure that no similar arenas are ever built in the 8th region... :D:

Will never happen in 8th Region. That is the longest running facility to hold the tourney. High school basketball at its best in a high school atmosphere!

StickerMann, you hit it on the button.

Pegasus Sports is broadcasting the North Oldham vs. Gallatin County game tonight. This will be a topic of discussion in our pregame show between 7 pm and 7:30 pm, and I hope to get Tom Clemons, the North Oldham A.D. to talk with me about it in the pregame.

Our broadcast info is in the Broadcast Thread, but perhaps - due to the subject matter of this thread - the mods won't mind if I post the contact info again here:

http://www.teamline.cc Enter 7761

ColonelMike

Pegasus Sports Network

Will never happen in 8th Region. That is the longest running facility to hold the tourney. High school basketball at its best in a high school atmosphere!

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!

(FYI - Henry County has hosted the boys' 8th Region tournament 46 consecutive years...the first 8th Region held in Henry County was in 1963, and Oldham County won that season with Danny Shearer leading the way.

This will be the 47th year...as you said - the longest running location for a region in the state.

Ironically, Henry County HS last won the 8th Region in 1962 - the year BEFORE they started hosting it!)

:thumb:

I was just meaning it would be nice for you guys having it in your backyard i should have also included Scott in that to.But is it worth it with all the problems and restrictions coming up?

I certainly won't mind the short ride to BOK, but I am another who was looking forward to this dual tourney until all this crap? This will certainly probably kill any chance of a repeat performance and any talk of the All "A" giving them a shot?? Shame!!