Bank of Kentucky & the 9th and 10th Region - No Radio/Internet Broadcasting

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard his "family reasons" had a lot to do with the circus debacle!! These guys (SMG) seem to really be out of touch??

I've heard some pretty rich stories over the last few days. I think quite a few jobs are employed over their pay grade right now...

I really don't understand all the complaining. You have to remember, this is a large arena, not a high school gym. There are costs involved and they have to maximize their attenance figures. If they allowed internet broadcasts, a large percentage of the crowd would not bother to come -- especially to the early round games. BOK is no different than any other large sports venue that enforces a media blackout for financial reasons.

I have to agree with BF here. It seems to me a lot of the post here are pretty self-serving.:popcorn:

Not really. Internet access is great for people who don't live in the area or can't make the game. It was great to see basketball/football live on TV if you couldn't attend especially during the playoff games. ICN6 has done a great job as well as other internet sites. Thumbs down to The Bank of Kentucky Center on not allowing radio, tape delayed, internet broadcasts..

What makes self-serving mean monetary anyway...

OK, let's look at it a different way: It's a public service, using the public's airwaves. Do you think radio/TV and newspapers broadcast/print for fun? Or for an audience of one?

If anybody's being self-serving, it's the arena staff.

I pretty much echo all the complaints that have been mentioned in this thread. Not much more I can add to that than to say that it's all downright stupid and illogical and somewhere along the way greed has motivated a lot of this mess. Sure it's exciting for 9th Region teams to be playing in an arena atmosphere, but a lot of the past regional charm is about to disappear it seems. There's really no logical reason at all that the 10th was included in this (other than more ticket sales and more overpriced hot dogs sales) when only about 4 or 5 teams are truly from this area. The fact that a team like Montgomery Co. would have to drive 112 miles to their own regional tournament is just plain absurd. Personally I was kind of excited about going to the games for something different, but I'm not so sure now that different means good. It sure has put a black cloud over the whole event and is leaving a bad taste in my mouth. :irked:

This is the same drive that Scott High School and Campbell Co had to make last year, so I don't feel sorry for Montgomery Co. there. Turn about is fair play! :ylsuper:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhighfield

Can any 10th region fans honestly say they would rather be going through this to have this tourney at the BOK other than maybe Campbell or Brossart fans?Honestly.

Orginally Posted by Milford Flash

You Mason Co. people just love to beat that horse don't you.

Well since Bracken Co has their first real shot in years of going to the tournament, I hope for your sake that you are able to attend, since because of this latest round of nonsense you wouldn't be able to stay home and listen to one of WFTM's fine broadcasters bring the game to you live!!!:ohbrother:

Could all this media talent not partner up with the BOK with a plan where everyone wins? Including the Enquirer? Perhaps an idea or two that is new? The one new thing is BOK did pony up the money to the schools with a guarantee. That is big with money so tight. Think big ideas and sell them on it. It may be worthwhile.

OK, let's look at it a different way: It's a public service, using the public's airwaves. Do you think radio/TV and newspapers broadcast/print for fun? Or for an audience of one?

If anybody's being self-serving, it's the arena staff.

They print for money! :laugh: You know monetary!!!!

Your opinion is that it is "little to no reason", I'm sure the people with real clout in the 9th and 10th weighed all the facts and came out with this conclusion. It being in the best interested of those most affected, the schools.

So you feel it is in the best interest of the schools to alienate parts of their fan base for a check?

Can I get a concrete answer on how much schools got from the 9th in previous years compared to what they will under this new deal. We've seen the numbers from the 10th...

This is the same drive that Scott High School and Campbell Co had to make last year, so I don't feel sorry for Montgomery Co. there. Turn about is fair play! :ylsuper:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhighfield

Can any 10th region fans honestly say they would rather be going through this to have this tourney at the BOK other than maybe Campbell or Brossart fans?Honestly.

Orginally Posted by Milford Flash

You Mason Co. people just love to beat that horse don't you.

Well since Bracken Co has their first real shot in years of going to the tournament, I hope for your sake that you are able to attend, since because of this latest round of nonsense you wouldn't be able to stay home and listen to one of WFTM's fine broadcasters bring the game to you live!!!:ohbrother:

:thumb::thumb::thumb: