Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SugarDaddy

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SugarDaddy

  1. Congratulations Lady Bears! I believe this is 2 sports winning district titles over Mason Co this year and I predict more in your future.
  2. Sorry but this isn't correct information. I know for a FACT that they were told they would have to pay tuition at Mason Co, so the "Royal Nation" as you call it, didn't go calling. In a way, it is truly a shame because if you look at the way these 2 are built physically, they would have been excellent football players. But since Deming isn't a football school, they never had the opportunity to explore that area. Kyle and Luke are both great kids and I wish someone with an athletic scholarship would come calling.
  3. Pulling for the Black Devils in this one! They've never won it!
  4. I don't care who sits where, which dressing rooms are used or what the food is like if GRC can't win it this year, they should get rid of their Coach. Period. Mason just lost 2 games at home over the past weekend, so much for that great home court advantage. Maybe Humphrey needs some advice from Allen Feldhaus Jr.
  5. If this old man's memory serves me correctly and sometimes it doesn't, but I believe that once upon a time they put the benches in the endzones. Go back to this format and maybe it will make Goldie happy.
  6. Luke just recently scored his 1500 point.
  7. If you want to keep a true eye on the progress of young golfers across the state you can check out their scores on the Summer tours they play in. The Northern Ky 7Up tour and the Pepsi tour @ kjga.com are both age based. Remember that grade level is not a true indicator of age and is sometimes misleading. Mason Co has a true 7th grader (12) that will be worth watching as he grows. he grows.
  8. I think the preseason ranking was too high. The Royals lost several Seniors who played key roles last year and were under recognized. Those roles have not been easy to replace which is why you saw Pawsat & Gilbert both playing defense on Friday. Good luck this season MC!
  9. Isn't NKU making the jump into D-1 very soon? I thought that was the reason for building the new gym. I've said this many times. A FREE college education is a free education and some of the best schools are not D-1. Any free education is a great opportunity for any kid. Just my opinion.
  10. I agree that a change is needed. I think the Saturday morning format diminishes the accomplishment of making the final four and also hurts the crowd. We all know that many people like to "party" during the state tournament and find it difficult to make it to the 10:00 am game. Also, if you have a team from the far Eastern or Western part of the state make it on Friday night, there might be more fans travel to the final four games if they were not held so early in the morning. But hey, that's just my opinion.
  11. About Prep Schools? I heard those also!
  12. If this kid wants to be a coach and wants a role model. KEEP HIM AWAY FROM PITINO. I would want my kid to have an all around role model and we all know that Rick Pitino does not fit that role. Please have him meet with Travis Ford or John Pelphry!!! There are other schools beside UK and Louisville. Look at the success Chris Lofton had at Tennessee.
  13. First of all I want to say that this kid can flat out shoot. He kind of reminds me a little of Devin Downey at South Carolina. With that said, I don't think he's UK material or would he be happy there. With the level of talent that John Calipari is bringing to UK (John Wall) I don't believe you will see UK in the mix, just as they have backed off of Euton and Zollo. I do believe that Justice would be a great player at Morehead, Eastern or Murray and take a look at what Murray accomplished in the NCAA tourny this week. Best of luck to the young man.
  14. This is a great post!!!! Congratulations Royals on a thrilling post season. :thumb: At this point in time, I find it a true shame that some posters find it necessary to continue to bash this group of young men. Instead you should be congratulating them on what they accomplished. :irked:
  15. Pilosky is the bigger of the 2 but only a Sophomore. He started a portion of the year while Earlywine was on suspension. Pilosky is a better all around player.
  16. I'll be there cheering on the Royals!! Go Mason County!
  17. Ethan Earlywine for Deming graduates this year. He's a senior. However Jonathan Piloksy will return.
  18. Mason County has a little of that extra emotion to play for as well. Their team manager was recently diagnosed with cancer and has just returned from seeing a specialist in Boston for this tournament. He will return to Boston the week following the tournament for surgery. Good Luck Royals!!!!
  19. I couldn't agree with you more!!!! Another tidbit I find very interesting is that these die hard GRC fans were on this board bashing Mason County while their girls team was actually playing against Rockcastle County in the state tourny in Bowling Green. The game was set for 8:00. Maybe if they had been where they should have been in Bowling Green supporting the Lady Cardinals, the girls team would have had a better outcome. I know that if the Lady Royals had been playing in the state tournament, I would have been in Bowling Green supporting them and not complaining about a game that took place on Monday. It's really very sad.
  20. On the Cards’ last possession Robbie Stenzel’s pass intended for Jaylen Daniel in the open court was deflected by Trevor Setty and the Royals recovered as time expired, sending the Mason County contingent into a frenzy. http://www.winchestersun.com/stories/2010/03/09/spo.153381.sto It seems as though all newspapers make those honest mistakes. This was copied from the Winchester Sun "Maysville Miracle" article. I may be old, but I do believe that Trevor Setty graduated 2 years ago. That the person they are actually referring to in this article is Treg Setty. :idunno: I'd never been on that website before but it is actually pretty interesting. Daddy doesn't have a scanner or I'd scan that picture for you. But the offer to mail it still stands.
  21. It's not on the website it's in the newspaper. Send me your address and I'd be more than happy to mail you a copy. Actually a nice picture, appears to be taken after they washed it, in the wash room. No big article, just a small paragraph under the picture. Does it really matter whose jersey it was? Also I didn't say that Fleming and Clark played this year, I said in a previous game. :thumb: Oh and by the way, my reliable source about the spitting and water is myself. You see, as I said before, I was sitting behind the coach and trust me there isn't anything wrong with my eyes. But I will say it again, I can't wait to come to Winchester next year to watch the most well behaved student section ever. I might even take a few pictures myself. :thumb:
  22. Just for clarification, the Ledger corrected their jersey error in today's paper and named the proper owner of the jersey along with a nice picture. I did also ask several of the students why the "radio" chat. I was told that they borrowed that one from the Fleming Co. cheering section when they played Clark Co. If I'm not mistaken, these kids were former classmates of Mr. Rogers. As for the picture of Vinny Zollo. It was a very attractive picture that Vinny himself has on own facebook page. There was nothing written or drawn on the picture as you can see in a picture posted somewhere on this site. I'm sure that these young men should be used to this sort of thing. If not they should be because I'm sure it has happened before. Treg Setty listens to it every game. If you want a discussion about nasty cheering sections, you should take a close look at Pendleton County. I saw them play in both the district and regional tournaments and it was the same in both places. The fingers were flying and the things that came from their mouths would definitely get you banned if you typed it on this site.
  23. I know for a fact that the MC team trainer washed that jersey today so that it could be returned. I was also told that Fred Hester was taking the trophy to Winchester. I guess these are just other examples of poor administration and sportsmanship. :isurrender: Oh and by the way, it sure was a joy to sit and watch that perfect student section from Clark County. If only everyone could be so wonderful. Oh well, there is always next year and maybe we won't cancel the regular season game and I'll get to go see them at home. :lol:
  24. Can I ask who was telling this story and why weren't the police notified since they were also standing down there?
  25. No that is just normal and the reason why Mason's students don't show up throughout the season. They also have Fred Hester watching them like a hawk. If it hadn't been for Jordan Gilbert asking for support on facebook and getting the ball rolling, they wouldn't have had near the turnout during tourny time. It's really quite sad. The fun has been taken out of it for them. Don't get me wrong, I would never tolerate the things they've been accused of but I don't see a thing wrong with good old fashioned fun. Just another reason why I know it's not true.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.