Mason County 34 Montgomery County 28

spindoc

Got back from this one a little while ago. Both teams shot themselves in the foot several times with penalties, turnovers and missed opportunities. Royals made one more big play tonight. Lots of Pawsat, Gilbert and Harris for sure, but solid contributions from several others as well.

Still frustrating to watch Mason County's defense allow chunk after chunk of big yardage, but congrats on the win.

Got back from this one a little while ago. Both teams shot themselves in the foot several times with penalties, turnovers and missed opportunities. Royals made one more big play tonight. Lots of Pawsat, Gilbert and Harris for sure, but solid contributions from several others as well.

Still frustrating to watch Mason County's defense allow chunk after chunk of big yardage, but congrats on the win.

I could hear the frustration in Coach B's voice on the radio after the game. Rest assured, I'd say you are no more frustrated than the coaching staff. I have total confidence in Coach Buchanan and his staff!! Look for improvement each week. The Royals are going to be fine!

I think all the congratulations on this thread needs to go to the Montgomery County Indians. I mean Mason County is the pre-season 3A champion pick, has 2-3 Division 1 prospects(again,according to the so-called experts). I predicted a cake walk through the schedule for the Royals and am now actually excited that maybe all of the games on the schedule(win or lose) will be close, looking forward to the Bourbon County game in two weeks and hope it is as close as this game was. On a side note,how did everyone like the Indians new field and facilities?

Major props once again to Jordan Gilbert who at 5'8 160(?) in his 2-3 varsity year of football continues to beat teams and put up the stats that he does. Would think a physical corner could just tip him over at the line with a push. He needs to be double teamed on every play, let Division 1 RB prospect Harris or one of the other receivers beat you.

I think all the congratulations on this thread needs to go to the Montgomery County Indians. I mean Mason County is the pre-season 3A champion pick, has 2-3 Division 1 prospects(again,according to the so-called experts). I predicted a cake walk through the schedule for the Royals and am now actually excited that maybe all of the games on the schedule(win or lose) will be close, looking forward to the Bourbon County game in two weeks and hope it is as close as this game was. On a side note,how did everyone like the Indians new field and facilities?

The field was very nice. Everything else (bleachers, etc.) looked the same as the last time I was there; although they are obviously building a track where the soccer fields used to be. Hopefully the scoreboard issues can get fixed.:thumb:

DSCN1142.jpg

Major props once again to Jordan Gilbert who at 5'8 160(?) in his 2-3 varsity year of football continues to beat teams and put up the stats that he does. Would think a physical corner could just tip him over at the line with a push. He needs to be double teamed on every play, let Division 1 RB prospect Harris or one of the other receivers beat you.

Gilbert's as elusive player as I've ever seen in high school. That's probably why a physical corner can't tip him over. Or, maybe they do, but eventually he makes the play because he can score from anywhere on any play.

Gilbert's as elusive player as I've ever seen in high school. That's probably why a physical corner can't tip him over. Or, maybe they do, but eventually he makes the play because he can score from anywhere on any play.

Agree

Glad to see he is having another great season this year. Met him this summer, and enjoyed talking to him, great kid.

Glad to see he is having another great season this year. Met him this summer, and enjoyed talking to him, great kid.

Great moves, great speed, great hands. A hard combination to beat. He faked two guys out so bad for the final touchdown last night they're probably still looking for their socks.

Great moves, great speed, great hands. A hard combination to beat. He faked two guys out so bad for the final touchdown last night they're probably still looking for their socks.

Well, I might have changed one letter of your post; I'll leave it to the membership to decide which one. The impressive thing about that TD was that he was tiptoeing the sideline at the same time. On his first TD - the long one in the corner of the end zone - he simply got a step behind the coverage and Pawsat put it right in his hands from about 50 yards out.

No doubt that Gilbert is a difference-maker.

I think the preseason ranking was too high. The Royals lost several Seniors who played key roles last year and were under recognized. Those roles have not been easy to replace which is why you saw Pawsat & Gilbert both playing defense on Friday. Good luck this season MC!