Bank of Kentucky & the 9th and 10th Region - No Radio/Internet Broadcasting

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Per Google maps, these are the driving distances in miles from the 10th region schools to the BOKC. I used the street addresses of the high schools. I know that there is probably a closer route from Montgomery County; the distance listed is the one that Google gave me:

Silver Grove 5.3

Scott 6.4

Bishop Brossart 7.0

Calvary Christian 8.1

Campbell County 9.7

Pendleton County 28.4

Augusta 35.2

Bracken County 35.2

Harrison County 50.7

St. Patrick 56.9

Deming 57.1

Mason County 58.9

Paris 64.4

Bourbon County 64.7

Nicholas County 67.9

Clark County 98.8

Montgomery County 112

I pretty much echo all the complaints that have been mentioned in this thread. Not much more I can add to that than to say that it's all downright stupid and illogical and somewhere along the way greed has motivated a lot of this mess. Sure it's exciting for 9th Region teams to be playing in an arena atmosphere, but a lot of the past regional charm is about to disappear it seems. There's really no logical reason at all that the 10th was included in this (other than more ticket sales and more overpriced hot dogs sales) when only about 4 or 5 teams are truly from this area. The fact that a team like Montgomery Co. would have to drive 112 miles to their own regional tournament is just plain absurd. Personally I was kind of excited about going to the games for something different, but I'm not so sure now that different means good. It sure has put a black cloud over the whole event and is leaving a bad taste in my mouth. :irked:

This is upsetting me, out of the 5 people I emailed and left voicemails for, no one has called me back, I requested a return call. I am not sure how many emails and phone calls hey got, but they need to start calling back at least a few peoples calls.

This isn't over! If we all keep flooding their email boxes and call them constantly, as well as those at NKU, perhaps the Cincy TV stations, it will be too much bad PR, I think they will change their minds.

Interesting that the arena has only been open less than 6 months and the head guy from the management company is already gone, and that they have messed up several things so far. I have asked several times if the people from the management company are from this area, I am guessing not.

If you're speaking of the former GM then from what I understand is that he left for family reasons.

I am wondering as I find myself doing a lot, how much does the NKU programs pay the BOKC people to allow their games to be broadcast over the air waves? How can they allow NKU to do it, but not the HS? Wasn't the BOKC built with public monies (tax dollars)

9th & 10th Region High School Tournament Getting Closer

Tickets On Sale Now, Other Details

Highland Heights, KY – The Bank of Kentucky Center (an SMG managed facility) at Northern Kentucky University is extremely excited to be in partnership with both the 9th and 10th Regions to host their respective high school basketball tournaments, March 2-10, 2009.

In this joint venture, a financial commitment has been made by The Bank of Kentucky Center to each participating school from 10th Region and every school within the 9th Region will receive funds.

In order to ensure and maximize the funds to each participating school, The Bank of Kentucky Center, after consulting with representatives from each region, has made the decision to restrict the broadcasting of these games. Participating schools that reside outside a 30-mile radius from the Center will be given the opportunity to broadcast (via radio only) their respective school’s games. Should any of the 9th or 10th region games individually sell-out, one week prior to date of play, the Center will allow for that game to be broadcast via radio, Internet and/or television.

“The Bank of Kentucky Center is excited to host both regions’” said Molly Pascucci, general manager of The Bank of Kentucky Center, “We are very proud, for the first time ever, to offer a financial commitment back to the students of each participating school.”

For radio stations that meet the requirements for broadcast, please contact The Bank of Kentucky Center at (859) 442-2652 or via e-mail at info@bankofkentuckycenter.com

Tickets for the tournaments are on sale now and are priced at $8 for each day’s session (see schedule below).

Patrons can also purchase a $12 ticket that will allow for re-entry for the 10th Region Boys Quarterfinals on Saturday, March 7. This will give patrons an all-day pass for that day only for all four games.

Please note that the Center will be emptied at the conclusion of the 10th Region Boys Quarterfinals and patrons will need to purchase a separate ticket for the 9th Region Girls final on Saturday, March 7 at 8 p.m. All tickets may be subject to applicable fees. Tickets can be purchased at The Bank of Kentucky Center Box Office at Northern Kentucky University, all Ticketmaster outlets including select Kroger stores, charge by phone at (513) 562-4949 or on-line at http://www.ticketmaster.com

9th Region Boys and Girls Tournament Schedule

3/2/09 -Girls Quarterfinal at 6pm and 8pm

3/3/09 -Girls Quarterfinal at 6pm and 8pm

3/4/09 -Boys Quarterfinal at 6pm and 8pm

3/5/09 -Boys Quarterfinal at 6pm and 8pm

3/6/09 -Girls Semifinal at 6pm and 8pm

3/7/09 -Girls Final at 8pm

3/8/09 -Boys Semifinal at 2pm and 4pm

3/10/09 -Boys 10th Final at 6:30pm & 9th Final at 8:30pm

10th Region Tournament Schedule

3/7/09 -Boys Quarterfinal at 10am, 12pm, 2pm, 4pm

3/9/09 -Boys Semifinal at 6:00pm and 8:00pm

3/10/09 -Boys 10th Final at 6:00pm & 9th Final at 8:30pm For more information, please visit http://www.bankofkentuckycenter.com

As of right now, there are no games sold out. Looks like 8th Region for me.

I might be fooling myself, but I honestly don't think that the money made at this event would be much different whether it was broadcast or not. If anything, they might turn more people away by how this is being conducted. They say: In order to ensure and maximize the funds to each participating school...

If this is some sort of contractual thing that can't be backed out, I wonder if there's any sort of way you can convince all participating schools to sign some sort of waiver stating that they'll take their chances with a possible less take of the purse if the BOK would go ahead and allow this event to be broadcasted without all the red tape. I don't know... maybe I'm just crazy and asking for the moon. :idunno:

Tune in to the Ch 5 news in the morning... :ohbrother:

Haha BOK has got to love the PR. This is just stupid on their behalf all the way around. They are turning something that really won't cost them much at all if anything and turning into a huge deal that is really going to hurt the way people view them. Just dumb...